The global Food Testing Kits market is expected to develop USD 27.8 billion by 2030, at a compound annual increase in price (CAGR) of 6.95% throughout the forecast period.
Globalization of food trade has led to increased concerns for food safety and foodborne diseases. Environmental contamination, exposure to microorganisms and pollutants has further led to safety issues related to food. Thus, there is rapid demand for food testing kits which help to detect pathogens, allergens, GMO’s, mycotoxins, meat species, in the food samples.
The aim of the report is to estimate the market size for food testing kits and the future growth potential of the market for food testing kits across various segments, such as target tested, food sample, and technology.
The market has been studied for historic years from 2018 and 2019, with the base year of estimation as 2019 and forecast from 2020 to 2028. Factors such as growing prevalence of foodborne diseases worldwide, along with increase in food adulteration, stringent food safety regulations are the key drivers of the food testing kits market. However, lack of food control infrastructure, and resources in the developing regions will hinder the growth of the market in the next few years.
By food sample, meat, poultry, and seafood segment held substantial share of the global food testing kits market. Growing consumption of seafood and meat products in developed as well developing economies is expected to increase demand for food testing kits for food safety.
North America dominated the global food testing test kits market in 2019. The dominant share is attributable to high prevalence of foodborne diseases in the U.S., along with presence of regulatory bodies supporting food safety, and testing and quality control. For instance, according to CDC, every year, around 128,000 people are hospitalized and 3,000 die due to foodborne diseases in the country. Moreover, presence of well-established industry players is expected to fuel growth of the market in the region.
Asia Pacific is projected to witness lucrative growth over the coming years owing to increase in outbreaks of foodborne diseases in developing countries such as India. These diseases are majorly caused due to toxic factors such as microbiological and environmental contaminants. This is likely to augment the demand for food testing kits in the region.
The global food testing kits industry is highly competitive in nature as large number of small & medium enterprises and well-established manufacturers are operating in this industry. Industry players are focused on developing novel test kits which in the coming years will further increase the overall growth of the market.
Food Testing Kits Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2030
|USD 27.8 billion
|CAGR of 6.95% during 2020-2030
|By Diagnostics System, By Site, By Application, Regions
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa
|Key Players Profiled
|3M Company, Merk Kgaa, Danaher Corporation, Agilent Technologies Inc., Neogen Corporation, Biorex Food Diagnostics, thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Biomerieux Sa, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Randox Food Diagnostics
Key Segments of the Global Food Testing Kits Market
Target Tested Overview (USD Billion)
- Meat Species
Technology Overview, (USD Billion)
- Enzyme Substrate-based
Food Sample Overview, (USD Billion)
- Packaged Food
- Dairy Products
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Meat, poultry, & seafood
- Cereals, grains, & pulses
- Nuts, seeds & spices
Regional Overview, (USD Billion)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Important Companies in Global Food Testing Kits Market
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Perkin Elmer, Inc.
- SGS SA
- Intertek Group plc
- Neogen Corporation
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Eurofins Scientific
- Agilent Technologies
- Romer Labs
- Millipore Sigma
Reasons for the study
- Increase in prevalence of foodborne diseases across the globe
- Rise in food adulteration cases worldwide
What does the report include?
- The study on the global food testing kits market includes qualitative insights such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the Porter’s Five Forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of tested target, technology, and food sample. Moreover, the study on food testing kits market provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players operating in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global food testing kits market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, diagnostic centers, laboratories, manufacturers, healthcare organizations, distributors, suppliers and technology geeks
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global food testing kits market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global food testing kits market