The global facade systems market was valued at USD 279.51 billion in 2018. A significant driving force for the demand in the market is the increase in construction-related activities. Additionally, technical advances led to the production of façade materials that save resources. These innovative technologies consume solar energy and provides widespread use as a secondary source of electricity production in both industrial and residential buildings.
Over the forecast period the market is projected to expand at a significant pace. The increase can be due to growing consumer purchasing force, especially in China, India, Japan, Brazil and GCC countries, as well as the need to provide workers with a safe work atmosphere. In fact, the usage of metal-based materials gives the building a permanent, and elegant feel. Growing usage of these construction materials to create facades is expected to give the industry an a rise in demand in the coming years.
The global facade systems market is categorized based on type, and end use. Region wise, Asia Pacific was the largest market in 2018, and is anticipated to grow at a significant CAGR over the forecast period. Middle East and Africa is expected to grow at a highest rate over the coming years.
Key players serving the global facade systems market include Saint-Gobain, Nippon Sheet Glass, Asahi Glass, Central Glass, Guardian Industries, BASF SE, Sto SE & Co KGaA, Dryvit Systems Inc., ParexGroup SA, Terraco Group, Etex Group, James Hardie Industries PLC, Nichiha Corporation, Boral Limited, Louisiana Pacific Corporation, Kingspan PLC, and Georgia-Pacific LLC among others.
Key segments of the global facade systems market
Type Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Billion)
- Curtain wall
End use Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Billion)
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Billion)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
· The purpose of the study is to give a comprehensive outlook of the global facade systems market industry
· Facade systems are widely used for various end uses owing to their excellent properties and the market is expected to gain traction over the coming years
· With the growing building and construction activities, there is a rise in the demand for facade systems which is further expected to have a positive impact on the overall market growth
What does the report include?
- The study on the global facade systems market includes analysis of qualitative market indicators such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market competition has been evaluated using the Porter’s five forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of end uses, and type. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the considered segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global facade systems market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, facade systems providers, construction, transportation, packaging end users, distributors, suppliers and retailers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global facade systems market
Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global facade systems market
The global high-foam market has seen strong development over the past couple of years with its end-business, and is anticipated to continue in the coming years. The main driving factor for the global high-foam market would be a rise in demand for foam in various end-industries such as housing, non-residential such as commercial and industrial.
Modernization and urbanization play a vitally important part in business development. Several considerations come into play throughout the design of facades, including waterproofing, processing, longevity and severe temperature protection. Changing customer expectations and growing emphasis on a building's exterior appearance are anticipated to fuel demand development.
Rising discretionary income contributes to higher construction expenditures, which in effect is expected to expand the demand. Increasing investment to advance the residential and commercial construction industry in developing countries like the US will fuel business development.
The global facade systems market has been segmented based on end uses, and type. Based on type, the market is categorized into EIFS, curtain wall, siding, and cladding. Based on end use, the market is categorized into residential and non-residential.
It is projected that the non-residential sector accounts for the majority of market share in the global industry. Builders and contractors have realized the importance of façade systems as the product shield the house from external environmental factors and also improve the structure and appearance of construction. Furthermore, the increasing trend of designing green buildings to counter global warming and to raise energy savings provides enormous opportunity for the sector to expand. The non-residential segment which covers automotive, business, and other exterior wall systems applications makes up the remainder of the demand in the overall industry.
The global facade systems market is cumulative to North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific dominated the global facade systems market in 2018, however Middle East & Africa is expected to grow at a highest pace through the year 2025.
The Middle East & Africa produced the largest share in 2018 and is also expected to post the fastest growth rate over the forecast period of 2019 to 2025. Growth of the market can be due to the increasing demand for façade systems from the increase in non-residential construction and infrastructural growth of the region. The UAE and Turkey adds to the huge demand for façade systems, owing to population development, government spending, industrial growth, and demand for low-cost green building in the region. In addition, foreign investors are setting up their factories and distribution centers in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa, as high developing countries in the regions.