Electric Vehicle Adhesives is a substance which is capable of adhering two different parts of a component or device without impacting their function and separation. Adhesives are capable of replacing fasteners and other mechanical fixtures. It provides a strong, light and thinner bond which in turn extend its application to various electric vehicle parts such as powertrain. Moreover, it possesses the capability to adhere dissimilar materials and further imparts flexibility and strength when compared to conventional nuts and bolts.
EV Adhesives are manufactured to maintain between bonded parts for EV components, including cooling plates, battery cell, and interior parts. It is used in a wide range of application, comprising electric vehicle battery, external parts, and internal parts of the EV. The EV adhesives further provide flexibility in engineering and deigning of the vehicle owing to its capability to resist vibration, reduce overall weight and effectively distribute stress, which in turn is supplementing the industry size.
Electric vehicle adhesives exhibit higher heat resistance in comparison to the traditional fasteners. In addition, structural adhesives help in reducing the impact of the crash and add safety feature to the various components and parts in the electric vehicles. Surging demand for lightweight and high strength material in order to reduce weight coupled with substantial investment to adhesive capabilities is anticipated to complement the business outlook.
Key segments across Electric Vehicle Adhesives market
- Form Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million and Tons)
- Film & Tape
- Resin Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million and Tons)
- Application Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million)
- Powertrain System
- Vehicle Type Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million and Tons)
- Electric Car
- Electric Bus
- Electric Truck
- Electric Bike
- Regional Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million and Tons)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- North America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Electric Vehicle Adhesives industry. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Be prepared for how investments across the industry will be impacted by socio-political and economic factors over the next few years
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations by existing key players boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on global Electric Vehicle Adhesives includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of form, resin, application, and vehicle type. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Electric Vehicle Adhesives industry. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in manufacturing and distributing components or solutions.
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to the global Electric Vehicle Adhesives industry.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and financial organizations looking for T&D investment trends in the global Electric Vehicle Adhesives industry.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Rising consumer awareness along with the stringent emission regulation and regulation is expected to stimulate the EV market, thereby, surging the utilization of EV adhesives over the forecast timeline. Rising industry players effort to improve the electric vehicles features including insulation properties, adhesion characteristics, improved performance of the powertrain, battery, and vehicle component capabilities is driving the business landscape. In addition, the growing demand for high performance vehicle with integrated advanced technology and efficient battery along with its components will further catapult the industry growth.
The ongoing announcement of supportive policies and related to production and adoption of EV and its associated components has positively influenced the business landscape. Although, high cost of ownership of the vehicle coupled with limited facilities across the value chain, including workshops, charging infrastructure has hampered the industry growth. However, rising efforts to reduce the cost and improve capabilities of EV is poised to complement the industry upsurge over the forecast timeframe.
On the basis of the insulation type segment, the market is categorized into liquid, film & tape, and others segment. Liquid adhesive is analyzed to hold a significant share across the global Electric Vehicle Adhesives market in 2018 and is anticipated to dominate the industry for the forecast period 2019-2025.
Electric Vehicle Adhesives market is segmented into epoxy, polyurethane, acrylic, silicone, and others. In this segment, polyurethane is anticipated to witness a significant growth in the coming years.
On the basis of application segment, the market is segmented powertrain system, exterior, and interior. The power train segment is analyzed to hold a significant share across the regions owing to different components of the system.
Vehicle Type Segment
The solution segment is bifurcated into electric car, electric bus, electric truck, and electric bike. The electric car segment is poised to witness substantial growth over the forecast timeframe on account of the rising adoption of battery vehicles.
In 2018, Asia Pacific is projected to witness the substantial growth over the forecast timeframe. Supporting government policies related to establishment of EV original equipment manufacturing vehicle facilities is positively influencing the fund flow across the region. In addition, a paradigm shift toward reducing air pollution coupled with a growing population has led the adoption of these vehicles, which in turn is complementing the business outlook.
The major players operating across the global Electric Vehicle Adhesives market include Henkel, H.B. Fuller, 3M, Sika AG, Wacker Chemie AG, L&L Products, Bostik SA, and Ashland including others. The industry for Electric Vehicle Adhesives is integrated with the participation of established global players across the globe. In addition, these companies are focusing on expanding their footprint through implementation of inorganic as well as organic strategies which in turn is proliferating the business outlook.