The major factors driving the growth of the EdTech and smart classroom market include increasing penetration of mobile devices and easy availability of internet users, and growing demand for EdTech solutions, impact of COVID-19 pandemic and growing online teaching-learning models to keep running education system.
The EdTech and smart classroom applications are used for the supervision, certification, tracking, and offering of eLearning applications. These systems primarily track classroom instructions, automate learning administrations, and provide tools to manage and create content. They allow institutions to access educational content online, thereby enabling students to view materials using the web browser.
The global edtech and smart classroom market is projected reach USD 302.46 billion,growing at a CAGR of 17.4% during 2021 to 2028. This can be ascribed to the proliferation of connected devices in the education sector and growing adoption of eLearning solutions. It offers new opportunities for key players operating in the global Education Technology (Ed Tech) and Smart Classrooms market. Besides, the growing use of AI and ML in smart learning is affecting the market in a positive manner.
However, the increasing cyberattacks on educational institutes and enterprises to raise data security and privacy concerns is hampering the market growth. Furthermore, the potential growth opportunities for system integrators is likely to provide lucrative development opportunities for the education technology (ed tech) and smart classrooms market in the forthcoming years.
Education Technology (Ed Tech) and Smart Classrooms Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 302.46 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 17.4% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Component, Deployment Type, End Use, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, South America|
|Key Players Profiled||Apple Inc., Blackboard Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., D2L Corporation, IBM Corporation, Lenovo Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SAP SE, SMART Technologies, Educomp Components Ltd., Scholastic Corporation, Smart Technologies Inc, NIIT Ltd. and Saba Software Inc.|
Key Segments of the Global Education Technology (Ed Tech) and Smart Classrooms Market
Component Overview, 2021-2028 (USD Million)
Deployment Type Overview, 2021-2028 (USD Million)
End Use Overview, 2021-2028 (USD Million)
- Upto K-12
- Higher Education
Regional Overview, 2021-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arab
- South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global education technology (ed tech) and smart classrooms market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global education technology (ed tech) and smart classrooms market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the education technology (ed tech) and smart classrooms market industry and their strategic initiatives for product development.
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on Component, Deployment Type and End User. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global education technology (ed tech) and smart classrooms market. The report will benefit every stakeholder involved in the education technology (ed tech) and smart classrooms market.
- Managers within the education technology (ed tech) and smart classrooms market industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global education technology (ed tech) and smart classrooms market.
- Government, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global education technology (ed tech) and smart Classrooms market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and Government institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
EdTech and Smart Classroom is a combination of learning modes, educational products, and applications. The growing technological advancements in educational sector as well as replacement of traditional classroom teaching methods with EdTech and Smart Classroom has driven the demand for this market. The rising government investment in education sector, growing adoption of eLearning solutions and rising use of Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning in smart learning, encourages the growth of EdTech and Smart Classroom Market
Ongoing technological advancement in educational sector has given rise to education technology and smart classrooms that are replacing the traditional classroom teaching method. Educational institutes are focused towards adopting new advanced teaching methods that include white boards, projectors, and smart notebooks etc. Technology implementation in the classroom improves understanding of students and also appreciates student to learn new technology
However, the market is expected to become fragmented in the forthcoming years as several new market players are emerging from developing countries such as India, Japan, China, and other countries.
On the basis of component, the edtech and smart classroom market is segmented into hardware, software, and services. The hardware segment led the market in 2019. Hardware is a broad category of components of edtech and smart classrooms, and it includes projectors; sensors; recognition systems; interactive displays; interactive whiteboards; tablets; printers; notebooks; and e-book readers such as kindle, smartphones, and audio equipment.
Deployment Type Type Segment
On the basis of deployment type, the edtech and smart classroom market is segmented into on-premises, cloud, and hybrid; in 2019, the cloud segment led the market.At present, schools, colleges, and universities have their private cloud for their software such as the learning management systems, classroom management systems, and student information systems. The use of cloud-based software, which can be provided with centralized control, reduces the deployment and maintenance costs for the education sector, and helps them achieve scalability and high performance.
End User Segment
The edtech and smart classroom market, based on end user, is segmented into K-12 institutes and higher education institutes.The up to K-12 institutes segment led the market in 2019. Technological advancements have improved the quality of learning and teaching in various countries, along with transforming the conventional education practices. Owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for edtech and smart classroom Components has increased rapidly due to the widespread acceptance for e-learning and online teaching in K12 institutes.
North America region is expected to grow at fastest rate over the forecast period. The increase of adoption in this area is due to the presence of key market players. Furthermore, Asia-Pacific is increasing its share due to the rising penetration of mobile devices and adoption of online education.
The major players of the global Education Technology (Ed Tech) and Smart Classrooms Market are Apple Inc., Blackboard Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., D2L Corporation, IBM Corporation, Lenovo Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, SAP SE, SMART Technologies, Educomp Components Ltd., Scholastic Corporation, Smart Technologies Inc, NIIT Ltd. and Saba Software Inc. In addition, the previously recognized as well as new market players are approaching the market with advanced and new strategic Component and to remain competitive in the global market.