The diamond wire saw market is primarily driven by the growing demand for optical applications, high tech ceramics, semiconductor, compound semiconductors, electronics, medical devices and precious metal machining. The other driving factors include the increasing demand for thermo-electric and magnetic devices.
The global diamond wire saw market is growing at a rapid pace owing to the increasing demand from various end-use industries. Diamond wire saws are used for cutting, grinding, and polishing hard materials such as optical glass, semiconductors, ceramics, and precious metals. They offer several advantages over traditional methods such as higher precision, better surface finish, and faster speed.
The rising demand for miniaturization of devices and increase in the number of applications of diamond wire saws are the major factors driving the growth of the market. The growing semiconductor industry is another key factor fueling the growth of the market. The Asia-Pacific region is expected to be the fastest-growing market due to the presence of a large number of manufacturers in China and India.
The global diamond wire saw (OD below .mm) market is growing on the back of the rising demand for diamond-coated products from various end-use industries. The market is being further driven by the increasing technological advancements in the production of diamond wires.
Some of the key advantages of the diamond wire saw market include:
1. The rising demand for diamond-coated products from various end-use industries is driving the growth of the market.
2. Technological advancements in the production of diamond wires are providing a boost to the market growth.
3. The increasing use of diamond wires in applications such as optical, high tech ceramics, semiconductor, compound semiconductors, electronics, medical devices, precious metal machining, thermo-electric, and magnetic devices is fuelling the growth of the market.
4. The growing popularity of eco-friendly and cost-effective methods of manufacturing is expected to fuel the growth of the market.
A diamond wire saw is a type of cutting tool that uses a thin, abrasive wire to cut through materials. The wire is typically made from steel or other metals, and is coated with diamond dust or other abrasive particles. Diamond wire saws are used in a variety of applications, including optical, high tech ceramics, semiconductor, compound semiconductors, electronics, medical devices, precious metal machining, thermo-electric, and magnetic devices.
The diamond wire saw market is expected to reach USD 3.87 billion by 2031 from USD 2.11 billion in 2019, at a CAGR of 6.8%.
The growth of this market is attributed to the increasing demand for semiconductor devices and optical applications, growing automotive industry in emerging countries, and increase in demand for precious metal machining applications.
The global diamond wire saw market is growing at a moderate pace due to the restraining factors such as stringent environmental regulations and high initial investment. The major restraining factor for the growth of diamond wire saw market is the stringent environmental regulations which are imposed by the governments of various countries. These regulations have restricted the use of diamond wire saws in many applications such as optical fiber cutting, semiconductor manufacturing, and others. Another factor that is restraining the growth of diamond wire saw market is the high initial investment required for the purchase of these tools. The prices of these tools are very high as compared to other cutting tools such as abrasive wheels and carbide blades. Thus, only those companies which have deep pockets can afford to invest in these tools. However, the increasing demand will boost the market during forecast period.
There are various key players operating in the diamond wire saw (OD below .mm) market. Some of the leading players are as follows:
Bosch Rexroth AG
Fives Cincinnati, Inc.
ISEL Germany AG
Oerlikon Balzers Coating AG
The Slurry Wire Segment to be on top of the market
The segment among Types that will grow during the forecast period is Slurry Wire. This is because it offers advantages such as lower cutting costs, higher productivity, and better dimensional accuracy when compared to other types of diamond wire saws.
The optical segment to hold the most market share
The diamond wire saw market has been classified, by application, into optical, high tech ceramics, semiconductor, compound semiconductors, electronics, medical devices, precious metal machining, thermo-electric, and magnetic devices. Among these applications, the optical segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to the increasing demand for diamond wires in making eyeglasses and lenses.
Asia Pacific to dominate the market
Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing market for diamond wire saws during the forecast period. The major factors driving the growth of this market in Asia Pacific are rising disposable incomes, rapid industrialization, and growing end-use industries such as semiconductor and electronics.
Covid-19 Impact & Market Status
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the diamond wire saw market negatively in 2020. The pandemic has forced construction projects to temporarily shut down. It has also restricted the transportation of materials. This has subsequently impacted the diamond wire saw market negatively. The market is expected to witness moderate growth in the forecast period.
Latest Innovations in the Global Diamond Wire Saw (OD below 0.5mm) Market: A Snapshot
1. In September 2019, Wipro launched an IoT platform that helps in managing and monitoring smart devices and equipment.
2. In October 2019, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) launched a new set of services called IgnioTM for the Manufacturing Industry 4.0. These services are based on the company's cognitive artificial intelligence platform and are aimed at helping manufacturers reduce downtime, improve quality, and increase operational efficiency.
3. In November 2019, IBM announced the launch of its new Watson IoT platform called 'IBM Watson IoT Connected Vehicle Insights.' This platform is designed to help organizations in the automotive industry to collect and analyze data from connected vehicles in order to improve safety, reduce costs, and enhance customer satisfaction.
4. In December 2019, Microsoft announced the launch of its Azure Digital Twins platform. This platform is designed to help organizations create digital models of their physical environments so that they can simulate and test various scenarios before implementing them in the real world.
Diamond Wire Saw (OD below 0.5mm) Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2032||USD 3.87 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.8% during 2021-2031|
|Segment Covered||by Type, By Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Bosch Rexroth AG, Diatome AG, Fives Cincinnati, Inc., HILTI Corporation, ISEL Germany AG, Oerlikon Balzers Coating AG|
Key Segment of Diamond Wire Saw (OD below 0.5mm) Market
By Type Overview 2021-2031, (USD Billion)
• Slurry Wire
• Resin based Diamond Wire
• Long Electroplated Diamond Wire
By Application Overview 2021-2031, (USD Billion)
• High Tech Ceramics
• Compound Semiconductors
• Medical Devices
• Precious Metal Machining
• Magnetic Devices
By Region Overview 2021-2031, (USD Billion)
• Rest of Asia Pacific
• Rest of North America
• Rest of Europe
Middle East and Africa