Dengue fever is an acute febrile disease transmitted by female Aedes mosquito infected with any one of the four dengue viruses. Dengue fever, along with Dengue Shock Syndrome (DSS) and Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever (DHF) has emerged as a great public health concern. Dengue fever is common in the tropics, with risk levels varying depending on rainfall, temperature, relative humidity, and unplanned rapid urbanization. The spike in the number of dengue cases has led to increase the demand for dengue testing across the globe.
At a compound annual growth rate of 5.2 %, the size of the worldwide Dengue Testing market is projected to reach US$756 Million in 2027.
The aim of the report is to estimate the market size for dengue testing and the future growth potential of the market for dengue testing across various segments, such as product, and end-users.
The market has been studied for historic years from 2018 and 2019, with the base year of estimation as 2019 and forecast from 2020 to 2028. Factors such as growing incidences of dengue fever worldwide, rapid urbanization and climate change leading to increased prevalence along with increase in awareness campaigns for dengue are the key drivers of the dengue testing market.
By product, ELISA-based tests held substantial share of the global dengue testing market owing to its high sensitivity and specificity. An enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), which tests anti-DENV IgM or IgG antibodies in patient serum, is the most commonly used method for diagnosing dengue fever. Early diagnosis and management of the disease helps to minimize morbidity and mortality rates associated with serious types of the disease, as well as the possibility of larger outbreaks.
Asia Pacific dominated the global dengue testing market in 2019. The dominant share is attributable to large number of dengue infected patients in the Southeast Asian countries. For instance, around 131,000 cases of dengue were reported in Malaysia, Philippines reported 420,000 cases and Vietnam reported 320,000 cases. The robust spread of the dengue across Southeast Asia has fuelled the demand for diagnostic tests for the disease.
Major industry players are making heavy investments in research projects, which is expected to ensure market growth during the forecast period. Industry players are focused on developing novel diagnostic test kits which in the coming years will further increase the overall growth of the market
Key Segments of the Global Dengue Testing Market
Product Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- ELISA-based Tests
- RT-PCR based Tests
- Dengue IgG/IgM Rapid Test
End-user Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Diagnostic Centers
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Important Companies in Global Dengue Testing Market
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Abbott Laboratories
- InBios International, Inc.
- NovaTec Immunodiagostica GmbH
- Euroimmun AG (PerkinElmer Inc.)
- Certest Biotec S.L.
- OriGene Technologies
- Abnova Corporation
Reasons for the study
- Increase in cases of dengue fever across the globe
- Rising awareness campaigns for dengue
What does the report include?
- The study on the global dengue testing market includes qualitative insights such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the Porter’s Five Forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of product, and end-user. Moreover, the study on dengue testing market provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players operating in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global dengue testing market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, hospitals, laboratories, diagnostic centers, medical device manufacturers, clinics, healthcare organizations, distributors, suppliers and technology geeks
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global dengue testing market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global dengue testing market