The global data center rack server market size is anticipated to reach at USD 98 billion by 2025. Factors that are responsible for market growth are the need for high-density computing and scalable data centers. Additionally, developments in evolving technologies, that include IoT, cloud computing, and edge computing are anticipated to offer lucrative prospects for the data center rack server market players.
Data Center rack server is a physical electronic and steel framework particularly designed for data center house servers, computing equipment, networking devices, cables, and others. This structure facilitates a platform for arrangements for equipment in a data center facility. The data center rack usually includes a rack-mounted server and configured is to install in a structure called a rack.
Key Segments of the Global Data Center Rack Server Market
Form Factor Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
Data Center Size Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
Industry Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- IT & Telecom
- Government & Defence
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global data center rack server market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global data center rack server market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the data center rack server industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on form factor type, data center size, and industry. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global data center rack server market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in the data center rack server market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global data center rack server market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global data center rack server market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The enormous amount of data is generated daily within various industry verticals and hence corresponding growth in data centers to process and store such data. Each business enterprise communicates through various mediums for data center rack server since these are a dependable source to transfer and store the data globally. This is likely to promote the growth of the industry in the coming few years. The amount of data centers is proliferating to gather data, which are been produced each second. Growing e-commerce businesses, along with rising banking transactions require huge data center rack servers to support web-based services. It improves the functionality and enables to decrease operational costs. However, key challenges faced by the manufacturers of the data center rack server are the need for air-conditioning systems, heating & ventilation to have a smooth operating of the server.
Form Factor Segment
Based on the form factor segment, the market is bifurcated into 1U, 2U, and 4U. In 2019, the 2U segment gathered the largest market share and it is anticipated to govern the data center rack server market throughout the forecast period. The major share of 2U revenue is likely to come from the North American region since the requirement of data center storage systems is the highest within the region. Moreover, the systems facilitate easy deployment within the SMEs and need normal cooling during their operations.
Data Center Size Segment
Based on the data center size segment, the market is segmented into mid-size, enterprise, and large. The market for enterprises is mobile POS to possess the largest market share in 2019 since enterprises today are predominantly developing to match their user needs. The mid-sized data centers are anticipated to grow at a significant growth rate from 2020 to 2025. Rack servers that are used in the mid-sized data centers enable computing and storing data at a cheaper cost, which aid businesses in their private or personal usage.
Based on the industry, the market is segmented into BFSI, IT & telecom, government & defense, healthcare, retail, energy, manufacturing, and others. The market for IT & telecom is anticipated to possess the largest market share in 2019 since organizations today are predominantly developing to match their user needs. There is a massive requirement of servers to manage and store an enormous amount of data within the IT and telecom sector and is projected to boost the industry growth in the coming future.
The global data center rack server market is a wide range to North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is considered a mature market in the cloud storage, owing to an outsized presence of an organization with the availability of technical expertise and advanced IT infrastructure. The US and Canada are the highest contributory countries to the expansion of the data center rack server market in North America.
The major players of the global data center rack server market are Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Lenovo, Dell, Cisco Systems, Huawei, Oracle, Fujitsu, NEC, Rittal, Vertiv, Schneider Electric, Asus, Inspur Systems, and more. The data center rack server market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe.