The global Dairy Processing Equipment market is anticipated to reach a value of around USD 14.3 illion by 2028. The industry has a promising growth potential due to a number of reasons, including increased automation in dairy product processing and increasing supply and consumption of milk and other dairy products. Tetra Laval, GEA Group, SPX Flow, IMA, and The Krones Group are among the main Tier I and II suppliers in the dairy processing equipment industry. These manufacturers have production facilities scattered across Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, South America, and the rest of the world. Though COVID-19 has had an effect on their industries, it has had no substantial impact on their dairy processing equipment's global operations and supply chain.
The industry is expanding as people become more aware of the health and nutritional benefits that dairy products have. As a result, dairy processing firms are concentrating on low-fat, organic, and nutrient-fortified dairy products, which necessitate the use of sophisticated dairy processing machinery. According to Tetra Pak Global's dairy index, milk, cheese, and butter intake is forecast to increase by 36% from 2014 to 2024, touching more than 710.0 Billion tons of liquid milk equivalent by 2024. Dairy demand is increasing in developing economies such as India, China, and South America.
Dairy Processing Equipment Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 14.3 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 5.4% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Type, Operation, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||GEA Group (Germany), Krones AG (Germany), Tetra Laval International S.A. (Switzerland), SPX FLOW, Inc (US), Alfa Laval Corporate AB (Sweden), John Bean Technologies Corporation (US).|
Key Segments of the Global Dairy Processing Equipment Market
Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Homogenizers, mixers & blenders
- Evaporators & dryers
- Membrane filtration equipment
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Processed milk
- Fresh dairy products
- Butter & buttermilk
- Milk powder
- Protein ingredients
Operation Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Dairy Processing Equipment market.
- Dairy processing equipment is widely used for various end uses in processed milk and fresh dairy products, owing to their excellent properties and the market is expected to gain traction over the coming years
- With the growing protein ingredients uses, there is a rise in the demand for Dairy Processing Equipment which is further expected to have a positive impact on the overall market growth
What does the report include?
- The study on the global dairy processing equipment market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the Dairy Processing Equipment industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on Type and End Use. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Dairy Processing Equipment market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the Dairy Processing Equipment market.
- Managers within the dairy processing equipment industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global Dairy Processing Equipment market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global Dairy Processing Equipment market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Population development, accelerated urbanization, expanded disposable income, and the advent and upgrading of cold chain facilities such as refrigerated transportation and storage are all driving this market. Dairy consumption is projected to continue to rise in China. According to the International Farm Comparison Network (IFCN), Chinese dairy demand will rise by 42 percent from 43 million tons of liquid milk in 2015 to 61 million tons in 2024. As a result, the industry is being driven by rising demand for dairy products. The growing demand for dairy products in the global market has resulted in an increase in international dairy trade, which has fueled the demand for processing equipment.
Dairy processing equipment necessitates a high level of operation and servicing, which may occur during construction and/or after the sale. Manufacturers of dairy processing equipment may offer after-sales facilities such as annual repair contracts in addition to installation. After-sales programs improve dairy machinery manufacturers' relationships with dairy processors by providing better services. Operator preparation, proactive maintenance by experienced technicians, plant approval checking (FAT), and timely service are among the most important resources that dairy processors need from dairy processing equipment manufacturers in order to improve their operating efficiencies.
Dairy equipment manufacturers should take advantage of this ability to improve resources like arranging proactive maintenance, notifying machine operators when maintenance is scheduled, pinpointing machine failures, and completing repairs quicker for smoother operations. Dairy machinery suppliers must have services that are compliant with federal standards and safety legislation that apply to dairy processors. There have been beef recalls in dairy production plants, which have culminated in brand slander. Dairy processors should have access to the fundamentals of good manufacturing practices, especially cleaning and sanitizing, as well as employee training guidelines.
Based on the type, the market is segmented into Pasteurizers, Homogenizers, Mixers & Blenders, Separators, Evaporators & Dryers, Membrane Filtration Equipment. The pasteurizers type segment has the largest share in the market in 2019 and the market is forecasted to grow with the significant rate of above 6.5% CAGR over the forecast period. A pasteurizer assists the pasteurization process, which involves heating milk to a temperature below boiling for a period of time to destroy pathogens. Pasteurization entails heat-treatment procedures and exposure to very low temperatures at the same time, killing toxic microorganisms and rendering latent disease-causing spores inactive if present. The COVID-19's growing concern about the protection of dairy products is projected to boost the demand for pasteurizers. In terms of the operation segment, the market is segmented into (Automatic and Semi-Automatic. In 2020, the processed milk segment has the fastest growth in the market in 2019 and the market is forecasted to grow with the significant rate of above 7% CAGR over the forecast period.
The Asia Pacific region has the largest share in market with a CAGR of more than 35.2% in 2019 and is anticipated to continue with the same position during the forecast years 2018-2028. In 2019, the China is projected to hold the majority share of Asia Pacific demand for dairy processing equipment. The governments of Japan and Korea have policies that encourage the growth and production of the dairy industries. In the Asia Pacific region, flavored milk is also gaining popularity. India is the world's largest producer of milk. As a result, the demand for pasteurizers and homogenizers in the Indian dairy processing equipment market has been steadily increasing.
According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), only a few countries in the world are milk self-sufficient. In the Asia Pacific region, Australia and New Zealand have surplus milk demand, while China and Japan have a milk production deficit, resulting in a large market for dairy and dairy-based goods imports in these countries.
The major players of the global Dairy Processing Equipment market are GEA Group (Germany), Krones AG (Germany), Tetra Laval International S.A. (Switzerland), SPX FLOW, Inc (US), Alfa Laval Corporate AB (Sweden), John Bean Technologies Corporation (US). The Dairy Processing Equipment market consists of top, medium level and a number of domestic players in the global market. In addition to this, the well-established players in the industry have made various strategies and research & developments to compete with other players in the regional and global market.