It’s being expected that by 2031, the critical care diagnostics market cap will hit US$ 1.7 Bn at a CAGR growth of about 5.5. %.
The use of critical care diagnostics in emergency rooms is expected to account for a larger revenue share due to high footfall of patients in ER to seek instant medical attention, and receive basic life support in case of severe traumatic conditions. It is a proven and acknowledged fact that the rate of survival of severely ill patents in the emergency department directly depends on the early recognition and treatment of diseases.
North America and Asia Pacific to spearhead the global market during the forecast period
North America is estimated to account for a significant market share. According to the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine study published in 2015, the number of ICU beds in the US have increased by 10% - 15%, reaching about 80,000 beds and substantial investments in the operating rooms has been done. Presence of well-established healthcare infrastructure, high healthcare expenditure and supportive government policies are attributed to the incumbent position of North America market.
Critical care diagnostics market is experiencing opportunistic growth in Asia Pacific due to high prevalence of chronic diseases along with rising geriatric population. Additionally, improving healthcare infrastructure and services in rural areas is anticipated to supplement the growth of Asia Pacific market.
Key Market Players
- Abbott Laboratories
- Bayer AG
- Becton, Dickinson & Company
- BioMerieux SA
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Chembio Diagnostic Systems, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche
- Siemens Healthineers
- Sysmex Corporation
Critical care diagnostics market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2031||US$ 1.7 Bn|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 5.5. % during 2021-2031|
|Segment Covered||By Product , By Test, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Abbott Laboratories, Alere, Inc., Beckman Coulter, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Bayer AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., and Siemens Healthineers.|
Key Segment Of The critical care diagnostics market
Product (USD Billion)
• Critical Care Glucose Diagnostic Kits
• Critical Care Cardiometabolic Diagnostic Kits
• Critical Care Infectious Disease Testing Kits
• Critical Care Coagulation Diagnostic Kits
• Critical Care Cancer Markers Testing Kits
• Critical Care Hematology Testing Kits
• Critical Care Pregnancy and Fertility Testing Kits
Test, (USD Billion)
• Critical Care Routine and Special Chemistry Diagnostics
• Critical Care Flow Cytometry Diagnostics
• Critical Care Diagnostics Hematology Tests
• Critical Care Immunoproteins Diagnostics
• Critical Care Microbial and Infectious Diseases Diagnostics
• Critical Care Diagnostic Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests
• Critical Care Coagulation Diagnostics Tests
End User, (USD Billion)
• Critical Care Diagnostics at Operating Rooms
• Critical Care Diagnostics at Emergency Rooms
• Critical Care Diagnostics at Intensive Care Units
Regional Overview, (USD Billion)
• Rest of Europe
• Rest of Asia Pacific
• Rest of South America
Middle East and South Africa