The global courier, express and parcel services market revenue is projected to reach close to USD 550.06 billion by 2028. This can be attributed to the diversification and expansion of the logistics business by big industry players. In addition, the increase in the global disposable income is also boosting global courier, express and parcel services market growth. However, the fluctuating fuel prices are likely to hamper the market growth. Furthermore, the emergence of autonomous logistics is anticipated to be an opportunity for the courier, express and parcel services market.
CEP (Courier, Express and parcel) is non–palletized products weighing less than 50kg. These parcels are normally delivered through air, water, rail or road, depending upon the type of business (whether it is a B2B, C2C or B2C) and the time required by the parcel demanded by the consumer. The market majorly focuses on e-commerce segment as the same delivery in the B2C segment has the highest scope. Additionally, the introduction of new technologies in the near future such as use of drones, AGVs, driverless transport, and the use of RFID’s, sensors, for real time tracking for sensitive products is expected to enhance the express parcel services market growth rate.
The major players of the global courier, express and parcel services market are UPS, FedEx Corporation, DHL International GmbH, China Post Group Cooperation, Japan Post Holdings Co. Ltd., Royal Mail, SF Express Co. Ltd., Poste Italiane, YTO Express (International Holdings Limited), ZTO Express, STO Express, Yunda Express, Aramex. The courier, express and parcel services market comprises well established local as well as global players. The courier, express and parcel services market consists of well-established global as well as local players.
Courier, Express and Parcel Services Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 550.06 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.2% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Type, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||UPS, FedEx Corporation, DHL International GmbH, China Post Group Cooperation, Japan Post Holdings Co. Ltd., Royal Mail, SF Express Co. Ltd., Poste Italiane, YTO Express (International Holdings Limited), ZTO Express, STO Express, Yunda Express, Aramex.|
Key Segments of the Global Courier, Express and Parcel Services Market
Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Air Transport
- Road Transport
- Rail Transport
- Sea Transport
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global courier, express and parcel services market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global courier, express and parcel services market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the courier, express and parcel services industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on solution, service, and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global courier, express and parcel services market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including type and raw material providers, manufacturers, distributors, and other intermediaries across the value chain
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global courier, express and parcel services market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global courier, express and parcel services market.
The diversification and expansion of the logistics business by big industry players are the key reasons driving the demand for courier, express and parcel services solutions. Moreover, in recent years the B2B industry has been experiencing enormous growth. However, these industries cannot afford under-skilled technicians, disorganized communications, and over-scheduled resources. Hence, industries are deploying courier, express and parcel services solutions to deal with such issues. For example, transportation and e-commerce industries are deploying courier, express and parcel services software solutions to track their packages, increase drivers’ productivity, and reduce costs spent on fuel. In addition, the manufacturing and construction industry is deploying these solutions to monitor and track their machinery maintenance needs.
In terms of types, the market is segmented into Air Transport, Road Transport, Rail Transport, and Sea Transport. The road transport segment is estimated to accrue significant market growth over the forecast period. In addition to this, in the year 2020, the road transport segment gathered the major growth and it is likely to keep its position throughout the forecast years. According to (International Transport Forum) the world trade volume grew by 3.6 % in 2016. According to International Transport Forum 2,73,458 goods vehicles were used in Australia for transportation, which is the highest number as of 2020. Additionally, in the 21st century the number of fatalities in road accidents is also decreased scale. The new trade trends between Asia, South America, and Africa will re-chart the global supply chains, and the use of road transport for e-commerce local deliveries is also set to be on a high note. These factors are expected to drive the market growth for road transport in the cargo industry.
In terms of the application segment, the market is segmented into B2B, B2C, and C2C. In 2020 the B2B segment accumulated the major market share and it is expected to do so over the forecast years. On the contrary, the B2C segment accumulated the major growth and it is estimated to hold its place over the forecast years.
The North American region dominated the overall market in 2020 and it is projected to keep its position during the forecast years 2018-2028. The market growth in this region is mostly ascribed to the growing need for improved productivity and increased demand in this region. Besides, the increased investment into technology and automation adoption is also boosting the market growth in this region.