The global corporate lending market is estimated to reach USD 8890.67 billion by 2028 with an annual growth rate of 16.6% from 2021 to 2028. Increasing infrastructure spending, speedy projects implementation, and new policy measures are the key factors boosting the global corporate lending market. Additionally, technology advancements in mobile and internet banking services are expected to provide further impetus, fueling progress in the global corporate lending market.
However, credit risks, small loan amount approved by micro lenders, shorter repayment time, higher interest rates are likely to hamper the market growth. In contrast, government policy reforms for boosting the economy, adoption of advanced technology in micro financing are anticipated to provide opportunities for the global corporate lending market.
Corporate lending provides business owners and individual with capital to manage their business operation, hire people, support critical financial needs, keep trade flowing, help clients pay their bill, and upgrade local banks. For example, working capital finance, term loans, infrastructure finance. Deploying fast-track capital lending to help companies and businesses unlock private investment, create markets and opportunities can also be classed under commercial lending market.
The traditional corporate lenders are facing increased competition with the emergence of non-bank lenders in the corporate loan marketplace. However, to sustain the market and compete in the marketplace the traditional as well as new players are gaining solid footing in the market by introducing advanced lending practices and transactional methods such as digital lending. This is anticipated to provide growth opportunities for all the players in the corporate loan market.
Corporate lenders offering consumer-friendly payment options and other enhanced services are Bank of America Merril Lynch, Credit Suisse, ICBC, HSBC, Macquarie, Citi, Deutsche, Wells Fargo, UBS, RBC, Scotiabank, Rothschild, Blackstone, JP Morgan, BAML, Morgan Stanley, and Goldman Sachs. These banks are dominating the corporate loan market as they show more flexibility in engaging with start-ups, providing additional services to qualify for big as well as small loans. Moreover, they have extensive branch systems, and are advantageous in pricing offering lower interest rates.
Key Segments of the Global Corporate Lending Market
Service Provider Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Traditional banks
- Non-bank lenders
- Micro finance
End User Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of South America
Middle East and Africa
Reasons for the study
- To assess the pandemic’s impact on the corporate lenders landscape at the global corporate lending market and gauge the extent of challenges and the impact of the same in the coming years.
- To examine the recent trends, developments, and growth trajectory of the “keyword” market at local and global levels.
- To present findings of the corporate loan market to help the industry players evaluate current market position, analyze changes, policy framework, competitors, and conclude the market implications.
What does the report include?
- The report evaluates and presents various aspects concerned with the development of market players and the overall market such as limitations, strengths, potential threats, trade flows, etc.
- The report provides total market coverage from 2018 to 2028.
- The report presents critical data such as financial information of the market such as market size, revenue, production, annual CAGR, consumption patterns, pricing patterns, and complimentary market factors together to accelerate growth and development of the market players
Who should buy this report?
- The research report on global corporate lending market is helpful for the entire spectrum of banking and payments value chain.
- The market participants from merchants of global banks, payment service providers, wealth managers, finance executives, and policymakers that are seeking in-depth market information for making more informed decisions.
The global corporate loan market is booming at a superlative growth rate as the corporate lenders are providing new products, streamlined processes, enhanced customer experience which is helping the businesses and companies increase their revenues. Increasing number of small and large corporate lenders are heavily investing in the market and delivering more financing for businesses in their local markets as well as global markets.
Corporate lending helps the private sector create jobs, improve basic services, boost revenues of small businesses and more. These are the factors influencing the global corporate lending market. The market players across global and regional lending market are implementing innovative approaches to solve the persistent challenges. Moreover, technology advancements in mobile and internet banking service are boosting the global corporate lending market.
Service Provider Segment
Depending on different segments the market is classified into service provider segments namely traditional banks, non-bank lenders, micro finance, and other. The traditional banks segment is projected to dominate the global corporate lending market in the forecasted years. Traditional banks offer corporate lending at lower interest rates, have advanced banking system, consumer convenient services, and provide multiple digital lending services. These are the key influencing factors that are driving market growth of traditional banks segments in the global corporate lending market.
End User Segment
The SMEs segment is witnessing tremendous market growth and is projected to expand with thrice growth rate in the coming years. The corporate lenders are flexible lending options, interest rates, and other services to the SMEs. Moreover, the government led financial policy reforms are allowing SMEs offer corporate lending to SMEs.
North America is seen to be the dominant region in the global corporate lending market. Increased adoption of digital financing methods, government initiatives to boost the economy, increased connectivity, increasing investments are the key factors driving growth of North America in global corporate lending market. Also, APAC is becoming the next dominant region in the market. Increasing micro-lending activities to improve standard of living of poor people, low interest rate offerings, integration of digital technologies offering online transactions are some growth drivers of APAC in global corporate lending market.