Cervical cancer is a disease in which malignant cancer cells form in the cervix. The major cause of cervical cancer is long-lasting infection with some forms of human papillomavirus (HPV). All women are at risk of developing cervical cancer. However, it occurs most often in women aged 30. The spike in the number of cervical cancer cases has led to increase the demand for cervical cancer diagnostics across the globe.
Furthermore, rapidly rising female elderly population are more likely to develop this serious illness. Thus, there is rapid demand for early detection of the disease which is expected to fuel the growth of the market in the future. However, changes in regulatory policies for cervical cancer screening will hinder the growth of the market in the next few years.
The aim of the report is to estimate the market size for cervical cancer diagnostics and the future growth potential of the market for cervical cancer diagnostics across various segments, such as test type, and end-users.
The market has been studied for historic years from 2018 and 2019, with the base year of estimation as 2019 and forecast from 2020 to 2028. Factors such as growing prevalence of cervical cancer worldwide, increase in awareness programs for cervical cancer screening along with rise in female geriatric population susceptible to the disease are the key drivers of the cervical cancer diagnostics market.
By test type, Pap smear test held substantial share of the global cervical cancer diagnostics market. The Pap test is the most commonly used test to detect cancer and changes that may lead to cancer.
North America dominated the global cervical cancer diagnostics market in 2019. The dominant share is attributable to high prevalence of HPV infections in the U.S. For instance, approximately 11,000 females suffer from HPV infections every year in the U.S. Moreover, number of awareness programs for cervical cancer screening, favorable reimbursement scenario is expected to fuel growth of the market in the region.
Asia Pacific is projected to witness lucrative growth over the coming years owing to high incidence cervical cancer in the developing countries such as India and China. According to Globocan 2020, there were 123,907 new cases of cervical cancer in India and 109,741 new cases in China. This is likely to augment the growth of the market in the region.
Key Segments of the Global Cervical Cancer Diagnostics Market
Test Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Pap Smear Test
- HPV Test
- Cervical Biopsies
End-user Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Diagnostic Centers
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Important Companies in Global Cervical Cancer Diagnostics Market
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Abbott Molecular
- Quest Diagnostics, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- OncoHealth Corporation
- Hologic Inc.
- CooperSurgical, Inc.
- Arbor Vita Corporation
Reasons for the study
- Increase in prevalence of cervical cancer across the globe
- Surge in female geriatric population worldwide
What does the report include?
- The study on the global cervical cancer diagnostics market includes qualitative insights such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the Porter’s Five Forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of test type, and end-user. Moreover, the study on cervical cancer diagnostics market provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players operating in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global cervical cancer diagnostics market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, hospitals, laboratories, diagnostic centers, medical device manufacturers, clinics, healthcare organizations, distributors, suppliers and technology geeks
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global cervical cancer diagnostics market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global cervical cancer diagnostics market.