Bilirubin is transported to the liver and processed in the bile duct. Bilirubin is gradually excreted into the bowels. It is yellow and brown in color, and the pigments in the feces render it brown. Bilirubin checks are used to determine how much bilirubin is present in the blood. When bilirubin levels in the blood are greater than average, it means that either the body's red cells are breaking down at an unusual rate or the liver is not adequately breaking down waste and removing bilirubin from the blood. Heme, an iron-containing substance, can be broken down by bilirubin.
A sample of blood is used for the bilirubin test. Anemia, jaundice, as well as other liver disorders are also signs of a higher bilirubin level than average. A high bilirubin level causes skin and eye yellowing. Jaundice is the clinical term for this illness. Alcoholic liver disease, viruses like hepatitis A, autoimmunity, and medicine overdoses like acetaminophen are some of the sources of high bilirubin levels in the blood.
The increase in prevalence of neonatal jaundice, rise in health-care spending, and rise in per capita income are expected to boost the global bilirubin blood tests market. Neonatal jaundice is the most frequent indication worldwide, according to a survey conducted in the International Journal of Pediatrics, arising in up to 60% of babies and 80% of preterm newborns in their first week of existence. The bilirubin blood tests market is expected to be led by high demand for mobile or compact devices used in this research.
Many people have died as a result of the coronavirus outbreak, which sparked a pandemic. High bilirubin levels have been identified in some COVID-19 patients. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been an increase in research and development programs and investments in genetics, which may be useful in designing and conducting successful studies and, in turn, finding potential healthcare solutions to combat the emerging COVID-19 pandemic, resulting in new markets for global market players.
The increase in the production of portable/hand-held devices for these studies, among other things, is expected to aid market development. Hepatitis, liver cirrhosis, and hemolytic anemia are some of the diseases that are driving the bilirubin blood test market. Simultaneously, hospitals and clinics are setting the groundwork for clear and rapid diagnosis, which will aid the market's progress.
The Americas, which are split into two regions, North and South America, accounted for the greatest share of the global economy. Due to the involvement of a vast number of biotechnology firms engaging in the development of novel drugs, North America has the biggest demand. Furthermore, a substantial number of regional market players invest in acquisitions and alliances in order to improve their market share and extend their product range.
The aim of the report is to estimate the size of the market for Bilirubin Blood Test and the future growth potential of the market for Bilirubin Blood Test across various segments, such as patient position and component. The base year considered for the analysis is 2019 and from forecast is provided from 2020-2028.
Key vendors in the market include Beckman Coulter, Danaher, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc, Randox Laboratories Ltd, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Drägerwerk AG, and many more.
Key Segments of the Global Bilirubin Blood Test Market
Test Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Total Serum Bilirubin
Product Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
End-Use Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Pediatric Clinics
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global Bilirubin Blood Test Market
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Advanced Instruments
- Randox Laboratories Ltd
- Beckman Coulter
- Reichert Technologies
- Drägerwerk AG,
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of bilirubin blood test market benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on bilirubin blood test market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the field service management industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on solution, service, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global bilirubin blood test market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the Bilirubin Blood Test market.
- Managers within the field service management industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about bilirubin blood test market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global bilirubin blood test market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.