It’s being expected that by 2027, the Automotive Microcontrollers market cap will hit USD 16.8 billion at a CAGR growth of about 7.5%.
Microcontroller is a small computer integrated chip. It is one of the Technology of the system on chip (SoC). The microcontroller consists of CPU, memory organization and programmable input/output peripherals. The automotive microcontroller is used to control automobile functionality which includes the automotive airbag system, remote control system and operating system. A microcontroller is installed inside a system to control functions of the device. It is possible for it to do so with the help of data from its peripherals utilizing its central processor. The information which the microcontroller receives is stored in its data memory where the processor accesses it and utilizes instructions stored in its program memory to decipher the incoming data.
The key factor of the automotive microcontrollers market is the latest advancements that are done in the transportation systems. Another growth driver is the increase in the demand of touch sensing button sliders and wheels for which these automotive microcontrollers are used for automatic control sensing. Automatic operations included in automobiles such as keeping exhaust system low, fuel consumption low and distribution of power to different technology’s of the vehicle which is carried out through microcontrollers. Growing electrification along with government regulations toward automotive safety is adopted in various regions across the globe and is expected to supplement the market growth. Automotive companies are developing safety features to meet the needs of the customers. Hence, high demand of safety features is a major growth driver for the market.
The automotive microcontroller is used to control automobile functions which includes automobile airbag system, remote control system and operating system. The increasing modernization of the vehicle accelerates the installation rate of microcontrollers and in an important market growth driver. Governments across the world have imposed stringent automotive and security guidelines thus increasing the demand for automotive microcontrollers. Automated electronic controller for automotive systems such as Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS), Electronic Stability Control(ESB) and Electronic Control unit(ECU) have been advancing since recent years.
Since recent years, the demand for electric vehicles has flooded because of their productivity and safety measures. These vehicles need more microcontrollers then conventional vehicles which accounts for an important growth driver of the market. Despite the high demand for advanced automotive electrical systems, the automotive microcontrollers market still experiences certain restraints. They include providing integrated components along with optimizing cost and quality trade off. Hence, it can be said that microcontrollers are a fundamental part of the automotive industry.
The Tire Pressure Monitoring System segment represented the highest market size on the Automotive Microcontrollers technology growth industry in 2018. This system monitors the air pressure inside the tires on various types of vehicles. The Tire Pressure Monitoring System is useful for avoiding accidents and increase tire wear due to under inflated tires which is a major growth. Increased adoption of advanced single and multi-core microcontrollers in the Industry is a major growth driver of the segment. Factors contributing to the growth of this segment are the mandatory safety and security features in the market. The installation of 32 bit multi core microcontrollers is higher in this segment as compared to other vehicle engines which is a major growth factor contributing in this segment.
The geographically global Automotive Microcontrollers market is segmented into North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific has the highest share in the Automotive Microcontrollers market followed by North America and Europe. The majority of the market is South Korea and Japan region and is fuelled by vehicles which are equipped with advanced body electronics and safety features. Upcoming safety legislations in Asia Pacific region will further drive the growth of the market. The European market is also growing as most of the vehicles are equipped with high end electronics and safety measures. The North American market is undergoing a stable growth as the Microcontrollers have gained a lot of popularity in the market.
The major players of the global Automotive Microcontrollers market are Infineon Technologies, Toshiba Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, Maxim Integrated Products Inc., Microchip Technology Inc., Silicon Labs Private Limited and others.
Automotive Microcontrollers Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2027||USD 16.8 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 7.5% during 2021-2027|
|Segment Covered||by Product Type, Application, Vehicle Type, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Analog Devices, Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, Microchip Technology Inc., NXP Semiconductors N.V., Texas Instruments Incorporated, Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation, STMicroelectronics International N.V.|
Key Segments of the Global Automotive Microcontrollers Market
Technology Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Park Assist System
- Blind Spot Detection Systems
- Adaptive Cruise Control
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Powertrain & Chassis
- Safety & Security
- Body Electronics and Management
- Telematics & Infotainment
Vehicle Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Electric Vehicle
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Automotive Micro controllers market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global Automotive Micro controllers market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the Automotive Microcontrollers industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on Application, Technology and Vehicle Type. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Automotive Micro controllers market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder is involved in the Automotive Micro controllers market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global Automotive Micro controllers market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global Automotive Micro controllers market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.