The global automotive emissions ceramics market is primarily driven by the increasing stringency of emission norms globally. In order to meet these stringent norms, automobile manufacturers are installing advanced emissions control systems in their vehicles. These systems make use of different types of ceramics to filter out harmful gases from vehicle exhausts. Additionally, rising awareness among people about the harmful effects of vehicle emissions is also fuelling the demand for emission control systems. As more and more people become aware of the health hazards posed by pollutants emitted from vehicles, they are increasingly opting for cars with advanced emission control features. This is providing a boost to the automotive emissions ceramics market. Another factor that is driving the market is the continuous technological advancements being made in the field of emissions control systems. Automotive OEMs and suppliers are constantly working on developing new and improved technologies that can effectively reduce vehicular emissions.
This is leading to increased adoption of these systems, thereby fuelling market growth.
As the automotive industry continues to evolve, so do the emission regulations that they are required to adhere to. In order to meet these stricter standards, manufacturers are turning to ceramic materials as a means of reducing emissions. Ceramics have proven to be an effective solution for trapping and holding pollutants, making them an ideal choice for use in emission control devices such as catalytic converters and diesel particulate filters.
The automotive industry is constantly evolving and looking for new ways to improve vehicle performance and emissions. One area of recent focus has been on ceramic substrates for emission control devices. Ceramic substrates offer a number of advantages over traditional metal substrates, including improved heat resistance, better durability, and lower weight. Ceramic substrates are becoming increasingly popular in the automotive industry for a number of reasons. First, they offer superior heat resistance compared to metal substrates. This is important because emission control devices must be able to withstand high temperatures. Second, ceramic substrates are more durable than metal substrates, meaning they require less maintenance and can last longer. Finally, ceramic substrates are lighter than metal substrates, which can improve fuel economy.
Automotive Emissions Ceramics are ceramic materials that are used in the automotive industry to control and reduce emissions from vehicles. Emissions from vehicles are a major contributor to air pollution, and so these ceramics play an important role in helping to protect the environment. There are three main types of automotive emissions ceramics: honeycomb, GPF, and DPF. Honeycomb ceramics are made up of a series of interconnected cells that trap particulate matter (PM) and other pollutants before they can enter the atmosphere. GPF ceramics have a similar structure to honeycomb ceramics, but they also contain catalytic materials that help to break down pollutants into less harmful compounds. DPF ceramics are designed to capture and store pollutants so that they can be removed from the exhaust gas stream before it is released into the atmosphere.
The automotive ceramics market is expected to grow from USD 4.5 billion in 2021 to USD 8.8 billion by 2031, at a CAGR of 6.6% during the forecast period.
Passenger cars are expected to be the largest contributor to the automotive ceramics market revenue, followed by commercial vehicles during the forecast period.
There are several restraining factors for the automotive emissions ceramics market which include:
1) Stringent regulations: The automotive industry is subject to stringent environmental regulations, especially in developed countries. This is a major restraint for the growth of the automotive emissions ceramics market since these products are used in vehicles to control emissions.
2) High cost: Automotive emissions ceramics are relatively high-cost products and this is another factor restraining market growth. In addition, the installation and replacement costs of these products are also quite high, which further hampers market growth.
3) Technical challenges: There are certain technical challenges associated with the use of automotive emissions ceramics, such as durability issues and compatibility problems with engine oils. These challenges need to be addressed in order to boost market growth.
Some of the leading companies in the market include:
-Showa Denko KK (Japan)
-Saint-Gobain Ceramic Materials (France)
-Certech GmbH (Germany)
-Zircar Ceramics Inc. (US)
Automotive Emissions Ceramics Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2031
|USD 8.8 Billion
|CAGR of 6.6% during 2021-2031
|Type, Application, Regions
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa
|Key Players Profiled
|Hitachi, Ltd., Safetran Systems LLC, Ansaldo STS SpA, Bombardier Inc., GE Transportation, Siemens Mobility, Toshiba Corporation, and Knorr-Bremse AG. Apart from the above mentioned players, the report also includes profiles of various other companies including Alstom SA, CAF Group, Hyundai Rotem Company, Nippon Sharyo, Ltd., Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Railway System Co., Ltd., Stadler Rail AG, and Wabtec Corporation.
The honeycomb type to form major portion of the market
The automotive emissions ceramics market is bifurcated into three types, namely, honeycomb, GPF, and DPF. Out of these, the honeycomb type is expected to grow rapidly during the forecast period. This segment held the largest share in the automotive emissions ceramics market in 2019 and is projected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The growing demand for automobiles equipped with emission-reducing technologies is expected to drive the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
The commercial vehicles Segment to be on top of the market
The commercial vehicles segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of this segment can be attributed to the increasing sales of commercial vehicles, especially in emerging economies such as China and India. The rising demand for commercial vehicles is due to the growing transportation and logistics industry.
North America to dominate the market
North America is projected to be the largest market for automotive emissions ceramics during the forecast period. The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has set strict emission standards for on-road vehicles, which has resulted in increased adoption of automotive emissions ceramics in North America. Europe is another major market for automotive emissions ceramics due to stringent emission regulations implemented by the European Union (EU).
Covid-19 Impact & Market Status
The COVID-19 outbreak is having a significant impact on the automotive industry as a whole, with OEMs and suppliers alike feeling the effects. However, the market for automotive emissions ceramics is expected to remain relatively strong despite the challenges posed by the pandemic.
Latest Innovations in the Global Automotive Emissions Ceramics Market: A Snapshot
• In January 2019, the German company, JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS (JDE) launched a new cold brew coffee concentrate under its Douwe Egberts brand. The product was made available in three variants: classic, mocha-flavored and caramel-flavored.
• In July 2019, Nescafe introduced a new line of iced coffee products under the Nescafe Azera brand. This new line included three flavors: Americano, Latte and Mocha.
• In September 2019, Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) launched a new iced coffee line under its Snapple brand. The new line included four flavors: Mocha, Vanilla Bean, Caramel and Original.
• In October 2019, Starbucks launched two new iced coffee drinks in the United States: the Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso and the Iced Cocoa Cloud Macchiato.
3. Avesta Goodfellow, Inc. has developed a new reflective Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO) material that can be used for road markings. This product is currently being trialed in Europe and North America and is expected to be launched commercially by 2020.
Key Segment of Global Automotive Emissions Ceramics Market
By Type Overview (USD Billion)
• GPF and DPF
By Application Overview (USD Billion)
• Commercial Vehicles
• Passenger Car
By Region Overview (USD Billion)
• Rest of Asia Pacific
• Rest of North America
• Rest of Europe
Middle East and Africa