Atropine is a medicine used to treat pesticide and nerve agent poisonings, as well as decreased heart rate and decreased salivation during surgery. It's often administered intravenously or through a muscle injection.
Covid-19 Impact & Market Status
Around 100 nations have been affected by the COVID-19 viral outbreak since December 2019, causing the World Health Organization to designate it a public health emergency. The business of Atropine 3900 will suffer significantly in 2020 as a result of the coronavirus infection 2019 (COVID-19), which is already having an impact on the entire world. Three possible effects of COVID-19 on the world economy are direct impacts on supply and demand, supply chain disruption, and financial impacts on enterprises and financial markets.
The injection segment is accounted for the highest market share
The injection segment is anticipated to have the biggest revenue share during the projected period in terms of product type. Medical experts can provide drugs directly through veins thanks to injections. As a result, it has an immediate effect and jump-starts the healing process.
The APAC region is accounted for the highest market share
The Asia Pacific (APAC) healthcare market is gradually developing and shows no signs of slowing down as a result of expanded and improved access to healthcare facilities, as well as increased government and private investments. Additionally, the market is expanding as a consequence of expanded government measures to advance Asia's healthcare sector. Digital medical records, telemedicine, robot nurses, and other technical advances are all helping to advance the field. As a result of advanced technology, hospitals and medical services have changed. This has resulted in a rise in demand for healthcare services and pharmaceuticals across the Asia Pacific area. In the coming years, this feature is projected to fuel significant growth in the atropine sulphate pharmaceutical market.
Surgical services are offered in all settings, from developed to developing, and the global demand for treatments has skyrocketed as disease patterns have evolved. Nothing is known regarding the actual global need and availability of surgical volumes because only speculative data exists. Surgery is likely to have a larger role in public health as a result of the epidemiological shift. The global surgical volume, as well as the number of deaths and major surgical procedures, is enormous and expanding. Because of increased demand for surgical services, the market for atropine sulphate is likely to grow in the coming years.
Atropine was once recommended for use in cardiac arrest in worldwide resuscitation guidelines, but it was removed in 2010 due to ineffectiveness. As a result of the losses, many companies stopped producing atropine. This factor is predicted to limit the future market for atropine sulphate medications.
Uveitis and early amblyopia can be treated with other eye drops. The intravenous solution takes about a minute to begin working and lasts for 30 to 60 minutes.
The most likely scenario for the atropine market sales is valued at US$ 498.9 million in 2022. The Atropine market will grow at a -1.8 percent CAGR in revenue over the predicted years, reaching a global market value of US$ 580 million in 2029.
In 2014, atropine production fell to 3862.8 kg, down from 4247.4 kg the previous year. Due to low prices, thin profit margins, and a small market, many companies have stopped producing atropine, resulting in a market shortage. This is due to the long-term repercussions of market conduct. Atropine's average cost will keep decreasing. Because of the product's low medicine quality, the average price has fallen in recent years and will continue to fall in the coming years due to a market vicious circle. The study also examines the market's key potential as well as the factors driving and continuing to drive the industry's expansion. The global atropine market is predicted to innovate and develop between 2022 and 2029, based on previous growth signals patterns, growth drivers, and current and future trends.
Top The major players in the atropine market were discovered through secondary research, and both primary and secondary research was used to calculate their market shares. The global atropine market is fragmented, with many small businesses operating globally. Among the companies mentioned in the market research study are SAURAV CHEMICALS, Katsura Chemical, C2PHARMA, RESONANCE LABORATORIES, ROLABO OUTSOURCING, Wuhan senwayer century, HENAN PURUI, Albany Molecular Research, Minsheng, CR Double-Crane, Alchem International, Hangzhou Vega, and others.
Major Developments and Innovation in the Global Atropine Market: a Snapshot
- As a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, there have been flight cancellations, travel bans, and quarantines; indoor event restrictions; escalating public panic; restaurant closures; significant supply chain delays; stock market volatility; emergency declarations in more than 40 countries; declining business confidence; and uncertainty about the future. The influence of Coronavirus COVID-19 on the Atropine 3900 industry is also examined in this paper.
- A clinical trial is being planned. 400 myopic children were placed into three groups in the cohort study: A total of 138 and 142 children received atropine eye drops containing 0.02 percent and 0.01 percent atropine, respectively. They wore single-vision (SV) glasses and received one drop of atropine into each eye once per night. Children in the control group (n = 120) were the only ones to wear SV glasses. The corneal curvature and spherical equivalent refractive errors (SER) were measured every four months. IOLMaster and cycloplegic autorefraction were used to compute the SER and corneal curvature. Thibos vector analysis was used to calculate ocular and corneal astigmatism, which was then separated into J0 (with-the-rule astigmatism) and J45 (with-the-rule astigmatism) power vector components (oblique).
- After two years, ocular astigmatism rose by -0.38 0.29 D, -0.47 0.38 D, and -0.41 0.35 D, respectively, in the 0.02 percent, 0.01 percent atropine, and control groups (p = 0.15).
Atropine Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||US$ 580 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 1.8 % during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Product Type, End-User, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, South America|
|Key Players Profiled||SAURAV CHEMICALS, Katsura Chemical, C2PHARMA, RESONANCE LABORATORIES, ROLABO OUTSOURCING, Wuhan senwayer century, HENAN PURUI, Albany Molecular Research, Minsheng, CR Double-Crane, Alchem International, Hangzhou Vega, and others.|
Key Segments of the Global Atropine Market
Product Type Overview, 2022-2029 (USD Million)
End-User Overview, 2022-2029 (USD Million)
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
Regional Overview, 2022-2029 (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Rest of MEA
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Rest of APAC
- South America
- Rest of South America