The market size for global application gateway is anticipated to reach at USD 4 billion by 2025. The factors such as increase in requirement for protected networks along with the growth in various application layer-attacks is responsible for the global application gateway market growth. Continuous need for network performance management owing to the evolution of cyberattacks along with optimization solutions to proficiently handle changing intricate network environments is likely to promote the growth of application gateway market growth in the near future.
The application gateway technology offers security for computer networks. It protects the network from unauthorized access and illegal traffic through a firewall, facilitating a secure connection to the user. Organizations need secure networks for proper and efficient functioning of their business. The information and applications transmitted through an unprotected network might cause different types of attacks such as phishing, worms, and spyware. The application gateway offers an application layer security for businesses of all industry verticals including IT and telecom, BFSI, government, retail, among other.
Key Segments of the Global application gateway Market
Component Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
Organization Size Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Small & Medium
Application Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Telecom & IT
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global application gateway market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global application gateway market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the application gateway industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on organization type, component, deployment, and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global application gateway market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in the application gateway market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global application gateway market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global application gateway market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The increasing security concerns, along with rising frequency of various application layer attacks among the organizations have propelled the growth of application gateway market in the past few years. The BFSI as well as IT & telecom sectors have experienced numerous security breaches and attacks such as SQL injection, cross-site scripting, cookie poisoning, forceful browsing, Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS), botnets, among other. With facilities such as internet banking, mobile banking, and smart banking features, BFSI organizations need to prioritize security solutions to prevent from such cyber-attacks on their systems. The cybersecurity and network security industry players are coming up with advanced security solutions to meet the dynamic nature of the business environment and tackle the growing intricacy of attacks. For example, in June 2019, Microsoft introduced Amazon Azure Gateway Web Application Firewall, which enables users to make their own guidelines with Internet Protocol (IP). On the other hand, the growing adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and software defined network technologies are likely to offer lucrative prospects for the application gateway industry growth in the coming few years.
The global application gateway market contains both solution and service segment. The solution segment has maximum revenue share within the global application gateway market in 2019. The industry participants within the application gateway market are focusing on building innovative solutions that can tackle security threats and phishing attacks against employees, ransomware, advanced persistent threats, denial-of-service-attacks, as well as securing mobile devices authorized for employees. However, the service segment is likely to grow at a staggering rate in the next five years.
Organization Size Segment
Based on the organization size segment, the market is bifurcated into two sub-segments that are small & medium, and large enterprise. In 2019, the large segment gathered the largest market revenue and it is anticipated to govern the application gateway market throughout the forecast period. However, the small & medium segment is anticipated to grow at a substantial growth rate over the forecast period.
Based on the application, the market is segmented into BFSI, telecom & IT, healthcare, retail, manufacturing, media & entertainment, and others. The market for telecom & IT is anticipated to possess the largest market share in 2019 since the Tech companies today are predominantly developing to match their user needs. Moreover, the growing regulatory scrutiny coupled with enhanced customer satisfaction, as well as advantages such as risk management, fraud detection, and customized solutions are some of the factors responsible for the application gateway demand.
The global application gateway industry is a wide range to North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is considered a mature market in the application gateway applications, owing to an outsized presence of organization with the availability of technical expertise and advanced IT infrastructure. The US and Canada are the highest contributory countries to the expansion of the application gateway market in North America.
The major players of the global application gateway market are Microsoft, SAP, Orange, F5 Networks, Palo Alto Networks, Forcepoint, Zscaler, Citrix, Akamai, Aculab, Imperva, Barracuda Networks, KEMP Technologies, SNAPT, AVI Networks, and more. The application gateway market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe.