The marketplace for air traffic control emulation & training is primarily driven by rising restrictions imposed, an increase in collisions and incidents, and a growth in the requirement for air traffic controllers. The air traffic control emulation and training market is predicted to witness significant growth in the following years due to the increased requirements for air traffic controllers nationwide. The need for air traffic control simulation and training services has increased as a result of the rising number of accidents and incidents. It is also envisaged that regulatory requirements relating to safety and security would encourage industrial growth.
The market for air traffic control simulation and training is necessary because it gives air traffic controllers the chance to hone their abilities in a secure setting. A great platform for the training of new air traffic controllers is offered by the market for air traffic control simulation and training. Secondly, it aids in lowering the dangers connected to air traffic control.
Air traffic control simulation and training is the process of instructing air traffic controllers using simulators. The simulator replicates the environment of an actual air traffic control tower. The risks involved in managing air traffic are decreased by air traffic control simulation and training. Additionally, it provides a strong foundation for training upcoming FAA and military air traffic controllers.
At a CAGR of 6.72%, it is anticipated that the market for air traffic control simulation and training would increase from USD 4.92 billion in 2021 to USD 7.88 billion by 2031.
This market's expansion can be ascribed to the rise in demand for air traffic control simulation and training services brought on by an increase in global mishaps.
The high expense of training and a lack of experienced employees are barriers to the market for air traffic control simulation and training. One of the main factors limiting the growth of this industry is the high price of air traffic control simulation and training services. Another significant obstacle to the expansion of the air traffic control simulation and training sector is a lack of competent labor. The market is expected to expand significantly over the coming years as a result of the growing demand for air traffic control agents all around worldwide.
COVID-19 Impact and Market Status
The air traffic control simulation and training market has suffered as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to the lockdown imposed by several nations, fewer people are flying, which reduces the demand for air traffic controllers. Moreover, due to global airspace restrictions, there is less of a need for air traffic management simulation & technical assistance. Although, once the limits are lifted and air travel begins, it is anticipated that the market will rebound in the upcoming years.
The Equipment Type emerged as the Most Booming Segment
The segment by equipment type is anticipated to experience the highest CAGR growth during the forecasted period. This market's expansion is explained by the rising need for air traffic control simulators on a global scale. Additionally, the type segment for training services is anticipated to expand significantly over the course of the projected year.
The Most Prominent Application Segment is the Military
The highest CAGR is anticipated for the military application during the forecast period. Due to the rising demand for air traffic controllers around the world, the market for simulation and training in air traffic control for civil applications is anticipated to expand at a moderate rate. A further aspect fueling this market's increase is the rise in catastrophes and fatalities.
The On-Premise Deployment Segment of Services remains Atop
The global air traffic control simulation and training market are segmented into cloud-based and On-Premise based on deployment. On-Premise is predicted to be the most popular section of these during the projection period. This is due to major corporations' growing investments in cutting-edge technologies like advanced simulation software, artificial intelligence, and virtual reality, among others.
The North American Region to render Ample Financing Opportunities
Throughout the projection period, it is anticipated that the North American air traffic control simulation and training market will expand quickly. It also happens because there are major stakeholders operating in this domain. Likewise, due to the rising demand for air traffic controllers in this area, the air traffic control simulation and training market in Europe is anticipated to expand at a substantial rate throughout the forecast period.
Esterline Technologies Corporation, BAE Systems plc, Saab AB, CAE Inc., L-3 Link Simulation & Training, Thales Group, Rheinmetall AG, Rockwell Collins, Indra Sistemas SA, and Airbus Defence and Space are some of the major companies active in the air traffic control simulation and training sector.
Recent Developments in the Air Traffic Control Simulation and Training Market
• The extension of CAE Inc.'s training center in Amsterdam was announced in September 2021. CAE Inc. is a major provider of air traffic control simulation and training systems. To accommodate the rising need for air traffic controllers, the business is increasing its training facility.
• Saab AB, a top supplier of training and simulation tools for air traffic controllers, purchased eSIM Technology Ltd., a top supplier of satellite communication systems, in July 2020. With this acquisition, Saab will be able to diversify its product offering and reinforce its market leadership in the simulation and training of air traffic control.
• Advanced Inflight Alliance AG (AIA), a top supplier of in-flight entertainment and connection systems, was bought by L3 Technologies, Inc. in May 2019. L3 Technologies, Inc. is a leading developer of air traffic control simulation and training solutions. L3 Technologies will be able to broaden its product offering and increase its market share in the simulation and training of air traffic control as a result of this agreement.
• A technology company named Kontron was acquired by Tech Data Corporation in June 2019. Kontron will be able to increase its market share in the training and simulation of air traffic control thanks to this arrangement.
• System X Technologies Inc., a significant provider of air traffic management services, and FlightSafety International signed a partnership agreement in December 2018 to work together on developing cutting-edge technologies in the field of air traffic control simulation and training. Both parties stand to gain from this agreement by being able to develop cost-effective, more innovative solutions.
Air Traffic Control Simulation and Training Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2031
|USD 7.88 billion
|CAGR of 6.72% during 2021-2031
|by Type, By Application, By Deployment, Regions
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa
|Key Players Profiled
|Esterline Technologies Corporation, BAE Systems plc, Saab AB, CAE Inc., L-3 Link Simulation & Training, Thales Group, Rheinmetall AG, Rockwell Collins, Indra Sistemas SA, and Airbus Defence and Space
Key Segments of the Global Air Traffic Control Simulation and Training Market
Type Overview (USD Billion)
- Training Services
By Application Overview (USD Billion)
Regional Overview (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of South America
Middle East and South Africa
- South Africa