The global Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) market size is expected to reach close to US$ 12,102.0 Million by 2029 with an annualized growth rate of 20% through the projected period.
The Advanced distribution management system market is the software platform that is being used to support the full suite of distribution management and optimization. The advancement in smart grid technology and increasing energy demand across the world are creating a positive impact on market growth. The growing focus on the integration of Adms with smart devices and infrastructural development and rising demand in developing economies is expected to drive the growth of the Advanced distribution management system market. The ADMS technologies are increasingly deployed to control and manage the complexities involved. Some of the key complexities are increasing penetration levels of renewable generation, and grid forming smart assets such as smart inverters. In addition to this, grid modernization efforts for ADMS have become the primary decision support system for all utility operators to handle complexities that are increasing day by day.
This can be ascribed to the Need for improved customer service and utility efficiency, and carbon and cost savings. It offers new opportunities for key players operating in the global ADMS market. Besides, the implementation of supervisory control & data acquisition (SCADA) is positively affecting the market.
However, inadequate financial incentives for utilities and interoperability and standard interface are hampering the market growth. Furthermore, strict regulations by governments to reduce carbon emissions is likely to provide lucrative development opportunities for the advanced distribution management system market in the forthcoming years.
Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2029
|US$ 12,102.0 Million
|CAGR of 20 % during 2019-2029
|By Solution, By Application, By Industry, Regions
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa
|Key Players Profiled
|Schneider Electric, ABB Corporation, Capgemini SE, GE Digital, Oracle Corporation, Siemens AG, Tata Power DDL, Open Systems International, Survalent Technology Corporation, DNV GL, Etap, Axxiom, Grid Bright, Alstom, S&C Electric Company, Advanced Control Systems, Hitachi, Anterix, Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure
Key Segments of the Global Advanced Distribution Management System Market
System Type Overview (USD Million)
- Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Distribution Management System (DMS)
- Outage Management Systems (OMS)
Type Overview (USD Million)
Regional Overview (USD Million)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global advanced distribution management system market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global advanced distribution management system market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the advanced distribution management system market industry and their strategic initiatives for product development.
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on Segment and Type. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global advanced distribution management system market. The report will benefit Every stakeholder involved in the advanced distribution management system market.
- Managers within the advanced distribution management system market industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global advanced distribution management system market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global advanced distribution management system market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and government institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Due to the increase in demand to upgrade the power infrastructure in developed countries to conserve energy, reduce costs, increase reliability, and transparency with the usage of a smart grid ADMS are integrated and it is expected to drive the market. ADMS consists of smart grids where smart grid generates volumes of data from smart meters and sensors, and legacy systems cannot handle the enormous data. Hence, an advanced distribution management system is employed that organizes and analyzes the enormous volumes of new near-real-time data and manages microgrids and virtual power plants.
Moreover, the surge in a number of solar energy projects to meet the demand for renewable and clean sources of energy is expected to drive the market. Furthermore, strong federal policies like the solar Investment Tax Credit, declining costs, and increasing demand across the private and public sectors for clean electricity have led to the growth in the solar industry. The modernization in the grid for distribution systems can monitor, control, and mangling unplanned event with reliability. The integration of ADMS with smart devices has created enormous opportunities in the ADMS market, as ADMS technologies are increasingly deployed to control and manage the complexities involved.
ADMS is enabling IT convergence with geospatial asset management, weather services, enterprise resource planning, and real-time operation and planning. Moreover, mobile devices - such as tablets, smartphones, and iPad - are most useful and gradually integrating into ADMS to provide portable and accessible mediums to congregate with ADMS technology.
However, the market is expected to become fragmented in the forthcoming years as several new market players are emerging from developing countries such as India, Japan, China, and other countries.
In terms of the system, the market is categorized into supervisory control & data acquisition (SCADA), distribution management system (DMS), outage management systems (OMS), and others. The SCADA segment is predicted to achieve the largest growth during the forecast years 2021-2028. This increase is due to the increasing deployment of SCADA in sectors such as oil & gas, as well as other sectors for reducing the loss and for optimizing production.
In terms of the type, the market is categorized into software and services. The service segment is predicted to achieve the largest growth during the forecast years 2021-2028. The software segment has witnessed the highest growth in recent years.
North America is likely to gather noteworthy growth through the forecast years 2021-2028. The growth of the ADMS market in this region is mostly due to the owing of technological advancements and early adoption of ADMS software and services in the region. However, the growth in the Asia Pacific and Europe region is likely due to the technological advancements and penetration of supervisory control & data acquisition (SCADA).
The major players of the global Advanced distribution management system market are Oracle Corporation, ABB Group, Indra Sistemas, Schneider Electric, Advanced Control Systems, Open Systems International, Inc., Cisco Systems, General Electric Company, Hitachi, Survalent Technology, Advanced Control Systems LLC, Emerson Electric Co., ETAP Operation Technology Inc. Renowned companies are offering new and modern advanced distribution management system solutions. In addition, the previously recognized as well as new market players are approaching the market with advanced and new strategic services and solutions and to remain competitive in the global market.