The global 1, 3-Propanediol (PDO) market is expected to develop USD 2,789.8 Million by 2032, at a compound annual increase in price (CAGR) of 11.5% throughout the forecast period.
The global 1.3 Propanediol (PDO) market is expected to be driven by increasing demand for polyurethane and polytrimethylene terephthalate (PTT) across different end-use industries. It is also expected that the growth of the personal care industry will have a positive impact on market growth, particularly in the emerging markets such as Southeast Asia, Brazil, India, and South Korea. The growth of the bio-based 1.3 Propanediol market over the forecast period is likely to be helped by increasing environmental concerns and mandates.
The purpose of the report is to estimate the market size for global 1,3-propanediol industry and the future growth potential of the market for 1,3-propanediol across various segments, such as resin type, backing material, category, end use, and the geography. It is assumed that favorable legislation and government policies supporting biodiesel production is expected to encourage 1,3-Propanediol (PDO) manufacturers to adopt production expansion strategies in order to cater untapped market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Due to several proprietary methods developed by the market participants, low white space availability is expected to ward off new entrants and can slow down market growth.
Polytrimethylene terephthalate is expected to be the leading application area for 1,3 Propanediol industry and is accounted for more than 50% of the total market consumption in 2019. Over the forecast period, a market change to replace traditional polyesters with polytrimethylene terephthalate is expected to remain a key driving force for this segment. One of the fastest growing application segments is anticipated to be polyurethane. The global demand is expected to drive rising polyurethane penetration in the automotive and construction industries in developed as well as developing countries.
Companies considered in the global 1.3 Propanediol (PDO) market are Zouping Mingxing Chemical Co., Ltd., Metabolic Explorer, Zhangjiagang Glory Biomaterial Co. Ltd, DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products, Merck, Haihang Industry, Tokyo Chemical Industry, Sheng Hong Group Holdings Limited, Alfa Aesar, and Connect Chemicals.
1, 3-Propanediol (PDO) Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2032
|USD 2,789.8 Million
|CAGR of 11.5% during 2022-2032
|By Source, Application, Regions
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa
|Key Players Profiled
|Metabolic Explorer,Merck KGaA,Dupont Tate & Lyle Bio Products Company,Zhangjiagang Glory Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.,Haihang Industry,Hunan Rivers Bioengineering Co. Ltd.,Sheng Hong Group Holdings Ltd.
Key Segments of the Global 1,3-Propanediol (PDO) Market
End-Use Overview (USD Million)
- Synthetic Drugs
- Engineering Plastics
- Polytrimethylene Terephthalate
- Personal Care & Detergent
Regional Overview (USD Million)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global 1,3-Propanediol (PDO) Market
- Zouping Mingxing Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Metabolic Explorer
- Zhangjiagang Glory Biomaterial Co. Ltd
- DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products
- Haihang Industry
- Tokyo Chemical Industry
- Sheng Hong Group Holdings Limited
- Alfa Aesar
- Connect Chemicals
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of 1,3-propanediol market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on 1,3-propanediol market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the 1,3-propanediol industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on application and end-use. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global 1,3-propanediol Market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the 1,3-propanediol market.
- Managers within the 1,3-propanediol industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about 1,3-propanediol market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global 1,3-propanediol market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.