The global X-Ray detectors market was valued at USD 2,923.2 million in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7% over the forecast period. Emerging economies like China, and India are projected to witness lucrative growth owing to rising investments by respective governments across the medical technology sector. Furthermore, rising disposable income coupled with rising demand for early-stage diagnosis of disease are also anticipated to boost market growth further.
The global X-Ray detectors market is categorized based on type, applications, and end-users. Region wise, North America was the largest market in 2019; however, Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region by 2028, with a CAGR of 7.7%.
Key players serving the global X-Ray detectors market include Canon Inc., Konica Minolta, Inc., FUJIFILM Corporation, PerkinElmer Inc., Thales Group, Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., Agfa-Gevaert Group, Carestream Health, Teledyne Dalsa, Inc., YXLON International among other prominent players.
Key segments of the global X-Ray detectors market
Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Flat Panel Detectors
- Computed Radiography Detectors (CRD)
- Line Scan Detectors
- Charged Coupled Devices Detectors (CCD)
Applications Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
End-Users Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Other End Users
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Central and South America
- Rest of Central and South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global X-Ray Detectors industry
- The overall segmentation of X-Ray Detectors market, especially key segments are thoroughly studied.
- Presence of major players and their wide product portfolio across developed countries is anticipated to further boost the growth of X-Ray Detectors market
What does the report include?
- The study on the global X-Ray detectors market includes analysis of qualitative market indicators such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market competition has been evaluated using the Porter’s five forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of applications, type, and end user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the considered segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global X-Ray detectors market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, X-Ray Detectors providers, medical device manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and retailers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global X-Ray detectors market
Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global X-Ray detectors market
We are now seeing an increasing movement towards 3D imaging, which translates into more computed tomography (CT) being marketed into different medical, defense and industrial applications. X-ray line scanning devices are used mainly for medical and health applications. The next trend in this field is the use of cameras with time delay integration (TDI) to improve the image quality. We are using TDI cameras now in food processing and microelectronics non-destructive testing. The next megatrend to follow in the world of visualization is Artificial Intelligence (AI). It is especially valid in X-ray, since 3D and multi-spectral imaging involve large quantities of data processing. The demand for X-ray detectors is becoming just like the demand for smartphones. Development of all the components internally is becoming difficult. A business wants a supply chain of suppliers that are professional in their fields: detector firms, tech companies with AI experts, and so on.
The global x-ray detectors market is segmented on the basis of types, applications, and end users. Based on the type, the global market is segmented into computed radiography detectors (CRD), flat panel detectors, charged coupled devices detectors (CCD) and line scan detectors. Based on applications, the global market is segmented into medical, dental, security, veterinary, and industrial. Based on the end-users, the global market is segmented into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, OEMs, among other end users. In the year 2019, the medical application segment dominated the global x-ray detectors market while, dental and veterinary segment are anticipated to witness higher growth rates owing to rising dental disorders and in-vitro testing respectively.
Based on regions, the global X-Ray detectors market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Central and South America and Middle East & Africa. North America currently holds over 30% of the global x-ray detectors market share owing to the presence of major players and favorable government policies for the development of medical infrastructure across the region.
Asia Pacific region on the other hand is projected to witness highest growth rate of 7.7% over the forecast period owing to surging demand for quality medical care and rising government interest to enhance the medical infrastructure across emerging economies such as China, Japan, and India.