The global waterproofing chemicals market size was valued at USD 5.53 billion in 2017. The global waterproofing chemicals market share is witnessing a monumental surge in consumption levels in the construction industry. The global construction industry which constitutes more than 9% of the world’s GDP is the primary factor driving the growth of the global waterproofing chemicals market.
Waterproofing is instrumental in protecting the structure and ensuring the structure’s durability over a long period of time. The forces which are exerted by water are enormous with unpredictable effects. Water seeps into a structure through its weakest route. The durability of concrete is sometimes compromised due to the speed as well as economic practices while erecting a structure. Waterproofing chemicals are vital as they render the concrete stronger and with longer durability. Waterproofing chemicals limits the ways through which water can enter concrete and cause damages and cracks.
- global waterproofing chemicals market analysis highlights the significance of modern-day waterproofing solutions that are extending the life of constructed spaces with smart applications. global waterproofing chemicals market share is expanding due to the rising significance of waterproofing as an integral process in any construction project to ensure a sustainable and well finished product, with low maintenance life cycle. The rapid pace of urbanization occurring globally has led to the springing up of a number of construction activities across the globe, thereby increasing the demand for raw material industry such as the waterproofing chemicals market.
Waterproofing chemicals have enhanced utility in terms of boosting a structure’s waterproofing capability, especially for those structure that have to constantly deal with liquids. These chemicals are available in a wide variety of materials types which include bitumen, polymers, and others such as crystalline waterproofing chemicals, cementitious waterproofing compounds. Many of these compounds form membranes on the surfaces to shield them from liquid penetration. On the basis of product, bitumen held the largest market share of more than 50% of the global market. The high demand for bitumen waterproofing solutions is largely attributed to the mixture of organic liquids that provides highly sticky, and waterproofing capabilities. The bitumen chemicals are mainly used in construction of roofs, where a layer of bituminous waterproof membrane is applied over the roof of the structure. This acts as a protection against the seepage of water on to the roof.
On the basis of geographic segmentation, Asia Pacific dominated the market generating a revenue of more than USD 2.4 billion in 2017. Asia Pacific is categorized by the presence of numerous developing economies and are going through the process of rapid urbanization. This has led to the growth of tremendous construction activities throughout the region. Due to the rapid roll out of construction projects, the builders in this region are looking for solutions that can assist them in completing their projects faster while maintaining the highest level of quality parameters, of waterproofing, durability, and other regulatory standards. The construction industry which is a major driver of GDP in many countries, the waterproofing chemicals industry is expected to witness high demand during the forecast period. For instance, in 2017 the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways’ and Ministry of Shipping announced the Indian government’s plan of injecting INR 25 trillion investment in infrastructure over a period of three years, thereby increasing the construction activities leading to a rise in the demand for waterproofing chemicals.
The developments in waterproofing chemicals R&D have further accelerated the usage of these chemicals in infrastructural activities. Recent developments include the introduction of nanotechnology in waterproofing building materials to create eco-friendly organo-silicon chemicals to waterproof each and every material used in construction. The introduction of this technology has ensured an increase in the life cycle to 20 to 30 years at an economical cost.
Waterproofing Chemicals Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 8.8 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 6% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Product, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, South America|
Key segments of the global waterproofing chemicals market
Product Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
Application Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
- Building Structures
- Landfils and Tunnels
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global waterproofing chemicals market.
- Worldwide there is a trend of increasing urbanization and formation of mega-cities. Rising living standards and aging population have a direct impact on the way we build and live, which demands quality construction work.
- We observed that the chemicals manufacturers are focusing extensively on introducing innovative and sustainable waterproofing chemicals. The construction chemical industry spends about 3% of its sales on R&D of new products and applications.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global waterproofing chemicals market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the value chain and Porter’s Five Forces’ analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of product, application and region. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the waterproofing chemicals industry, who want an in-depth insight into the movement of the market. The report will benefit:
- Executives of waterproofing chemicals manufacturing companies
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to waterproofing chemicals
- Venture capitalist looking into investing capital
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for innovative solutions
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies