Increasing adoption of water treatment biocides in power plants, swimming pools, municipal water treatment, pulp & paper, oil & gas, and mining is expected to increase its market concentration over the forecast period. Several problems, such as chemical breakdown, health hazards, heat transfer losses, biofilm formation, flow restriction, and under-deposit corrosion, can result in unregulated microbial growth. This in turns is expected to further increase water treatment biocides market reach in coming years.
The water treatment biocides market is expected to grow from its estimated USD 3.74 billion in 2022 to USD 6.53 billion in 2031 at a compound annual growth rate of 6.6% between 2023 and 2031.
The purpose of the report is to estimate the market size for global water treatment biocides industry and the future growth potential of the market for water treatment biocides across various segments, such as source, type, form, Process, and the geography. Water treatment biocides are synthesized to remove all life cycles and sizes of microorganisms. The microbial development of potable water, process water, open cooling systems, and down-water facilities are formulated to regulate them. Biocides for water treatment are primarily used for the treatment of municipal water, oil & gas, power stations, pulp & paper, mining, and swimming pools.
In 2019, the oil & gas segment held the largest share in the global market for biocides for water treatment. Biocides are used in all stages of the development of the oilfield, from the initial well drilling and the day-to-day production of Oil & Gas, to all aspects of field maintenance. In the life of an oilfield, they play a significant role. They are also a valuable tool to ensure the safe and reliable production of oil & gas. There are various types of biocides used in the Oil & Gas industry.
Leading companies operating in the water treatment biocides industry are Dupont, Ecolab Inc., Suez, Innovative Water Care, Solenis, BWA Water Additives, Kemira OYJ, Veolia, Nouryon, Albemarle Corporation, Lanxess Group, ICL Group, Accepta Water Treatment, Industrial Specialty Chemicals, Inc., B&V Chemicals, Buckman, Melzer Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., Kurita Water Industries Ltd., Momar, Inc., and Scotmas Limited. Dupont is one of the prominent players in water treatment biocides industry. The company offers its solutions to oil & gas, mining, pulp & paper, reverse osmosis membrane, and power plants. Companies are focusing on production expansion, new product development, and research and development activities in order to increase their market concentration.
Water Treatment Biocides Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2031||USD 6.53 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.6% during 2021-2031|
|Segment Covered||by Product Type, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Albemarle Corporation, BWA Water Additives, DuPont, Ecolab Inc. Innovative Water Care, Kemira Oyj, LANXESS AG, Nouryon, Solenis, and SUEZ.|
Key Segments of the Global Water Treatment Biocides Market
Application Overview, (USD Million)
- Municipal Water Treatment
- Oil & Gas
- Power Plants
- Pulp & Paper
Type Method, (USD Million)
- Oxidizing Biocides
- Non-Oxidizing Biocides
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global water treatment biocides market
- Ecolab Inc.
- Innovative Water Care
- BWA Water Additives
- Kemira OYJ
- Albemarle Corporation
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of water treatment biocides market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on water treatment biocides Market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the water treatment biocides industry and their strategic initiatives for the Process development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on type, Process, form, and source. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global water treatment biocides Market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the water treatment biocides market.
- Managers within the water treatment biocides industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about water treatment biocides market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global water treatment biocides market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.