The global viral clearance services market was valued at USD 389.7 million in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 19.8% over the forecast period. Viral clearing services are particularly created services that focus on removing viruses or bacteria that have been unintentionally left on industrial equipment or biological products. These services entail checking end-products and equipment for viruses to ensure the safe and effective production of biological products.
The global viral clearance services market is categorized based on method, application, and end-user. Region wise, North America was the largest market in 2018; however, Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region by 2028, with a CAGR of over 20%.
Key players serving the global viral clearance services market include Charles River Laboratories, Labor Dr. Merk & Kollegen GmbH, Texcell, Merck KGaA, WuXi AppTec, Sartorius AG, Bioscience Laboratories, Eurofins Scientific, Syngene International Limited, Covance among other prominent players.
Key segments of the global viral clearance services market
Method Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Viral Removal
- Viral Inactivation
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Recombinant Proteins
- Tissue and Blood Derived Products
End-User Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Contract Research Organizations
- Academic Research Institutes
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Viral Clearance Services industry
- The overall segmentation of viral clearance services market, especially key segments are thoroughly studied.
- Presence of major players and their wide product portfolio across developed countries is anticipated to further boost the growth of viral clearance services market
What does the report include?
- The study on the global viral clearance services market includes analysis of qualitative market indicators such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities
- Additionally, the market competition has been evaluated using the Porter’s five forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of applications, product, technology, and end user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the considered segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global viral clearance services market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, Viral Clearance Services providers, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and retailers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global viral clearance services market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global viral clearance services market
One of the major factors likely to drive the rise and demand for viral clearance services is the high incidence and enormous economic burden of chronic diseases. In addition, over the forecast period of 2021 to 2028, the global viral clearance services market is expected to develop due to a quick increase in the number of medication releases and strong growth in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Similarly, the favourable R&D investment scenario, as well as quick improvements in nanofiltration technology, are expected to propel the market forward. Furthermore, the likelihood of cell culture contamination and the rise in the elderly population are predicted to be key contributors in the viral clearance services market's growth.
In the forecast period of 2021 to 2028, the quick discovery of novel pharmaceuticals, as well as an increase in R&D activities and a quick increase in pharmaceutical outsourcing, are likely to provide substantial growth possibilities for the viral clearance services market. However, the high cost of viral clearing services, as well as the time-consuming medication development process, are expected to hinder market expansion, while a scarcity of trained specialists may provide a hindrance to market growth.
The viral clearance services market has been divided into three categories: method, application, and end-user. The viral clearing services industry is divided into two types of methods: viral inactivation and viral elimination. Recombinant proteins, tissue and blood derived products, vaccinations, and others are the application segments of the viral clearance services industry. The viral clearance services market is divided into three categories based on the end user: biopharmaceuticals, contract research companies, and academic research institutes. Medical device firms, microbiology labs, immunology labs, molecular labs, animal facilities, toxicology labs, cell banks, small cell culture laboratories and consultants, and media/sera producers are among the other end-users.
Based on regions, the global viral clearance services market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Central and South America and Middle East & Africa. Throughout the forecast period, North America is likely to dominate the overall viral clearing services market. The largest proportion is attributable to the existence of major players and their development using innovative medical technologies. The rise in the manufacturing of recombinant proteins and vaccines, as well as the need to keep them risk-free and virus-free, is driving the industry forward. Furthermore, there is a growing public awareness of the benefits of using biopharmaceuticals, which is driving up demand for viral clearing services.