The global vascular stents market size was estimated to be USD xxx million in 2017. The demand for vascular stents has been growing significantly over the past few years due to increase in coronary disea liases.
Vascular stents are tiny mesh wire tubes used to keep an artery open. When an artery is narrowed down due to plaque deposition, blood flow is restricted. Improper blood supply or artery blockage leads to heart attack, if the artery feeding the heart is dysfunctional. Vascular stents thus, help to keep the blocked artery open, reducing the risk of life threatening diseases.
Vascular stents have been catching a lot of attention over the past few years as the emphasis on the importance of prevention and treatment through diagnosis is increasing. Other prominent factors include rising geriatric population, demand for minimal invasive procedures, congenital heart conditions and increasing incidences of lifestyle diseases (diabetes and obesity). According to WHO, in 2012 37% of the deaths were caused due to heart diseases and the mortality rates for cardiac diseases will increase from 17.5 million in 2012 to 22.2 million in 2030.
Technology plays a vital role in the global vascular stents market. Continuous innovation in stenting materials, drug coatings and stent design is a perpetual trend in the global vascular stents market. Manufacturers are developing new technologies to overcome complications from restenosis and stent thrombosis. The emergence of 3-D stents holds to be a promising technology in developing customized stents. Eindhoven University of technology and Northwestern University are working on developing 3-D, customized stents that will expand as the patient grows and will biodegrade over time. Thus 3-D, bio-absorbable and drug eluting stents are expected to dominate the vascular stents market in the foreseeable years.
Region wise vascular stents market is spread across North America, Europe, Asia and Rest of the world. Asian market is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period. Ever growing population, increase in cardiovascular diseases, low manufacturing costs of medical devices and rising adoption of advanced technologies will drive the Asian market. However, stringent government regulations and numerous product failures may hinder the market growth.
Competitive rivalry in vascular stent market is high owing to the presence of many well established and emerging players. The major players in the forefront include Boston Scientific Corporation, Medtronic plc, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Abbott Laboratories, BIOTRONIK SE & Co. KG and others.
Vascular Stents Market Scope
|Segment Covered||Product, Material, Technology, Type, Mode of Delivery, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Rest of the World (RoW)|
|Key Players Profiled||Boston Scientific Corporation, Medtronic plc, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Abbott Laboratories, BIOTRONIK SE & Co. KG and others.|
Key segments of the global vascular stents market
- Coronary Stents
- Peripheral Stents
- Neurovascular Stents
- Nitinol stents
- Cobalt chromium stents
- Platinum chromium stents
- Stainless steel stents
- Bare metal stents
- Drug eluting stents
- Bioresorbable stents
Mode of Delivery Overview
- Self-expanding stents
- Balloon expanding stents
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World (RoW)
Reasons for the study
- The study assesses the dynamics of the global vascular stents market across various geographies
- Technological advancement and continuous innovation due to increase in vascular diseases is appealing to the investors
- The number of manufacturers entering the global vascular stents market has been on the rise over the past few years, thus, making this product a lucrative business opportunity
What does the report include?
- The study on the global vascular stents market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the value chain, patent analysis and Porter’s Five Forces’ analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of product, type, material used, mode of delivery and region. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence.
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global vascular stents market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, manufactures, distributors, retailers as well as hospitals and doctors
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global vascular stents market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global vascular stents market.