The Market size for global underground utility mapping is anticipated to reach USD 2,135 million by 2028. The factors such as the rise in concerns regarding the protection of underground utilities, backed by various government initiatives for the adoption of utility mapping tools are likely to promote the expansion of the underground utility mapping industry in the coming few years.
Cities around the globe face a growing requirement for land since the density within urban areas is rising rapidly. The pressure to increase a city’s space is predominantly critical for metropolitan cities. Underground utility mapping is a data-driven method used for sustainable development by urban planners to understand the impactful characteristics of underground space development. It provides accurate and reliable information on underground utility networks, enabling a superior understanding and administration of underground space, as well as facilitating the concealed structures visible.
Key Segments of the Global Underground Utility Mapping Market
Component Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Electromagnetic Induction (EMI)
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Professional Services
- Managed Services
Vertical Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Government & Public Safety
- Oil & Gas
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global underground utility mapping Market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the Market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the Market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global underground utility mapping Market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the underground utility mapping industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the Market segmented based on component, and vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual Market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global underground utility mapping Market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder is involved in the underground utility mapping Market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global underground utility mapping Market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global underground utility mapping Market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the Market to determine future strategies.
Since the last few years, the adoption of underground utility mapping tools has been rising within different verticals. The utilities that include oil & gas pipelines, electric wires, and water & sewage lines, can be identified, detected, and mapped with the help of a range of techniques to decrease the risk of possible destruction to underground utilities during excavation or digging. It also facilitates utility mapping organizations to minimize risks, lessen their project planning time, and support in enhancing the quality of excavation procedures.
Operators utilize various techniques that include, acoustic/sonic, electromagnetic, GPR, robotic crawler, and live-line detector to trace, detect, and map submerged utility lines. On the other hand, mining companies implement underground utility mapping tools, which are amenable with BSI standard PAS 128 surveys as well as health & safety regulations. With advancements in the equipment such as the GNSS and GPR used for mapping, the formation of real-time 3-Dimensional maps of suppressed utilities has turned into an easy job, further decreasing cost, inefficiencies, and risks.
The global underground utility mapping Market contains both solution and service segments. The solution segment is further classified into Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), Electromagnetic Induction (EMI), and others. The GPR is likely to grow with a significant growth rate from 2020 to 2028. It is a surveying method used to detect and map sub-surface landscapes. This method is used for several applications, including locating and detecting utilities, voids, and buried structures, buried manhole chambers, covers, pavement thickness, trench routes, concrete structures, as well as rebar placement in the present structures.
Based on the application, the Market is segmented into oil & gas, telecommunication, government & public safety, electricity, construction, and others. The Market for the telecommunication sector is anticipated to possess a significant Market share in 2019. Telecommunications encompasses TV lines, telephone lines, fiber optic cables, cable TVs, and others. Telecommunication lines enable communication facilities that can be prepared of insulated, paired copper conductors, including, TIP (A) & RING (B). The amount and size of conductors used in a cable differ with the necessity of the telecommunication structure; ranging from a few hundred, or even thousands of sets.
The global underground utility mapping Market is a wide range to North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is considered a mature Market in the underground utility mapping applications, owing to an outsized presence of an organization with the availability of technical expertise and advanced IT infrastructure. The US and Canada are the highest contributory countries to the expansion of the underground utility mapping Market in North America.
The major players of the global underground utility mapping Market are Diversified Communications, Geospatial Corporation, Enviroscan, Geotec Surveys, Guideline Geo, GSSI, Hexagon Geosystems, Maverick Inspection Ltd., Landscape Engineering Ltd., Multiview Locates, Prostar Geocorp, Plowman Craven Limited, Sensors & Software, Technics Group., Stanlay, U.S. Radar, Vivax-Metrotech, and more. The underground utility mapping Market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe.