The UK environmental consulting services market size is expected to witness moderate growth over the coming years owing to a surge in infrastructure activities and growth of the industrial sector across the country. The UK environmental consulting (EC) services market was valued at USD 1.89 billion in 2017 and is estimated to continue its growth over the coming years.
UK environmental consulting services market revenue, 2013-2025 (USD Billion)
The environmental consulting industry is a part of environmental goods and service sector. The industry comprises firms and organizations that provide specialized assistance, advice and recommendations for adoption of a process or strategy that comply with the latest environmental norms laid by the authorities. For instance, these firms will provide solutions for environmental issues such as land remediation, toxic control and emissions.
Environmental consulting service providers include consulting firms, government-owned & private bodies, associations and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). With rising environmental concerns and increasing complexities of the regulations, these firms are expanding their scope of service.
The UK is one of the prominent countries across the world where the environmental consulting service industry is relatively developed as compared with the rest of the world. In order to comply with the strict environmental standard of the European Union (EU) and the country’s own environmental standards, the environmental consulting (EC) sector began to gain prominence as an independent industry.
Historically, the UK environmental consulting services market has been propelled by government policies, regulations and environmental legislation as firms needed to comply with the regulatory framework to avoid financial losses and prevent legal actions. Likewise, consumers also began following eco-friendly practices which increased mainly due to high awareness regarding environmental issues. These factors propelled the UK environmental consulting services market growth and consequently, firms are witnessing significant growth.
Since the past few years, the country has been witnessing significant growth in complex infrastructure activities in sectors such as transportation and energy. Growth in residential construction activities is also one of the significant factors to propel the demand for environmental consulting (EC) services market.
The environmental consulting service industry in the UK rose significantly before the recession in 2008. However, the growth of the industry slowed as the country recovered from the recession. BREXIT is also expected to pose a significant impact on the UK environmental consulting (EC) market.
The UK environmental consulting services market is categorized based on the service type into environmental compliance, environmental impact assessment (EIA) & sustainability and management service. Environmental compliance services ensure that the end-users comply with the regulations laid by the regulatory bodies. The compliance service extends to legal services as well.
The environmental impact assessment & sustainability are the services that assess the anticipated environmental impact of the proposed project so as to minimize the obstacles in the decision-making process. Environmental impact assessment is a significant part of the assessment to lower environmental risk. There are several types of environmental impact assessments that fall under the environmental impact assessment & sustainability activities such as strategic assessment, environmental reporting support, and habitat risk assessment, to name a few. On the other hand, environmental management services is a set of practices and processes that enable an organization to increase its operational excellence and reduce its environmental impacts. Environmental management services have been gaining prominence owing to its demand across infrastructure & construction activities. The environmental management services are projected to hold >45% of the revenue share over the forecast period.
On the basis of market competition, the UK environmental consulting services market is highly competitive with the presence of a large number of local players. RPS Group, Aecom, CH2M, Arcadis, Environmental Resources Management, Arup, WSP and Ramboll are some of the prominent players in the UK environmental consulting service market. Since the past few years, it has been observed that acquisition & mergers are one of the top strategies adopted by the players in order to increase its service offerings. For instance, in December 2017, Jacobs acquired 100% stakes in CH2M, thereby, increasing its service bouquet. In April 2014, RPS group acquired Clear Environmental Consultants Ltd, a UK based consulting firm providing consulting services, primarily to the water industry.
Key segments of the UK environmental consulting services market
Service Overview, 2013-2025 (USD Million)
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) & Sustainability
- Environmental management services
- Air pollution
- Ecological and landscape services
- Management & compliance service
- Environmental noise & vibrations
- Waste management
- Water quality
- Other services
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the UK environmental consulting services industry.
- We have been following the overall segmentation of environmental sector especially, the consulting service industry. This sector has been gaining immense importance, as a key fragment of the environmental consulting services market. The environmental consulting service market offers high growth opportunities owing to stringent environmental regulations in the country.
- Steady rise in infrastructure and construction segment is expected to boost the demand for new projects in the country which will directly increase the requirement for site inspection and other environmental assessments.
- In the recent past, it has been witnessed that number of firms offering environmental consulting service are increasing significantly. Furthermore, it has been seen that the top firms are actively focusing upon mergers & acquisitions that is expected to create new developments in the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global UK environmental consulting services market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the value chain, Porter’s Five Forces’ analysis and PESTEL analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of service type.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the UK environmental consulting services industry, who want an in-depth insight into the developments in the environmental consulting service industry. The report will benefit:
- Environmental consulting companies and independent consultants that are engaged in providing several environmental consulting service
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to environmental consulting service market
- Venture capitalist looking into investing capital in the industry
- Government organizations, regulatory bodies, policymakers and organizations looking for enhancing their policies and services pertaining to environmental consulting
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies