UHT processing is a food processing technology that uses high temperatures to sterilize liquid food. It is primarily used in the processing of milk. UHT processing can also be used for different products which includes fruit juices, soy milk, wine, yogurt, cream, soups, honey, and stews, and others. UHT processing is a integration of sterilizer and an aseptic unit. Maximum microorganism destruction is achieved with minimal chemical changes in the food and beverage product during UHT processing. Optimal temperature and processing time are used for various products.
The global UHT processing market size is predicted to reach over USD 49 billion by 2028. Demand for UHT processing will increase during the forecasted period owing to rising demand for products with longer shelf lives and accelerated demand for milk and milk products globally.
However, wastage of nutritional values products during manufacturing process is restraining the market growth. Increasing awareness among consumer regarding health benefits of UHT treated beverages is anticipated to provide lucrative opportunity for the market players.
UHT Processing Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 49 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 28% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Mode of Equipment Operation, End-Product Form, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Tetra Laval International S.A. (Tetra Laval), SPX Flow GEA Group, Alfa Laval, and Elecster Oyj, Shanghai Triowin Intelligent Machinery, Microthermics, REDA S.P.A., Shanghai Jimei Food Machinery, and TESSA I.E.C Group.|
Key Segments of the Global UHT Processing Market
Mode of Equipment Operation Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Million)
- Direct UHT Processing
- Indirect UHT Processing
End-Product Form Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Million)
Application Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Million)
- Dairy Alternatives
- Dairy Desserts
Regional Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Million)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global UHT processing market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global UHT processing market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the UHT processing industry and their strategic initiatives for product development.
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on component, application, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global UHT processing market. The report will benefit every stakeholder involved in the UHT processing market.
- Managers within the UHT processing industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global UHT processing market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global UHT processing market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and government institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies
Increasing demand for food and beverage products with an extended shelf life is driving the need for UHT processing market. Furthermore, marginal nutritional changes in milk by UHT processing is also projected to influence the UHT processing market significantly. Moreover, the reduction in logistics and storage costs is anticipated to have a robust impact on the UHT processing market.
Mode of Equipment Operation Segment
Based on mode of equipment, the market is divided into direct UHT processing and indirect UHT processing. In 2020, the indirect UHT processing segment accounted the maximum market share and it is likely to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast years. The growth of this segment is largely ascribed to the economical and compact characteristic of the indirect UHT processing equipment is accelerating the growth of the segment.
End-Product Form Segment
Based on the end-product form, the market is segmented into semi-liquid and liquid. The liquid segment seized the maximum market share in 2020 and it is likely to maintain its place throughout the forecast years. The segment's expansion is attributed to a large number of new items and the processing of milk, which is the most consumed UHT treated product.
On the basis of applications, the market is segmented into dairy alternatives, dairy desserts, milk, juices, and soups. The milk segment gathered the major market share in 2020 and it is likely to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast years. The growth of this segment is attributed to a surge in demand for milk across the world boosting the growth of the segment.
The Europe region is likely to account for the maximum market contribution during the forecast years. The domination of this region is largely ascribed to the considerable consumption of milk and dairy items. However, Asia Pacific is expected to be one of the fastest growing regions with India the global market. This is owing to rapid urbanization, higher living standards, and increase in consumption of on-the-counter products.
The major players of the global UHT Processing market are Tetra Laval International S.A. (Tetra Laval), SPX Flow GEA Group, Alfa Laval, and Elecster Oyj, Shanghai Triowin Intelligent Machinery, Microthermics, REDA S.P.A., Shanghai Jimei Food Machinery, and TESSA I.E.C Group.