Superabsorbent polymer is a cross-linked polymer network, which comprises water-soluble building blocks. These polymers comprise ionic monomers and characterizes low cross-linking density, which helps in withholding large fluid volume in comparison to its own weight. Further, these networks have the capability to absorb and retain aqueous solutions comprising heavy weight and pressure.
SAPs are composed of ionic monomers and exhibits a low cross-linking degree that results in enhancing fluid uptake capacity in comparison to other conventional hydrogels, which in turn is driving the industry size. This polymer is manufactured in the shape of small solid particles in order to its capability to sustain the quality. It absorbs the water and swells and finally converts to a rubber-like formation to retain the water.
The superabsorbent polymer market is analyzed to grow at a CAGR of 8% over the forecast timeframe. In addition, its expanding application for products across Industrial and beauty products is further anticipated to drive the industry outlook.
Key segments across Superabsorbent Polymer market
- Product Type Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Billion and Tons)
- Acrylic Acid Based
- End-User Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Billion and Tons)
- Personal hygiene
- Regional Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Billion and Tons)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- North America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Superabsorbent Polymer industry. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Be prepared for how investments across the industry will be impacted by socio-political and economic factors over the next few years
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations by existing key players boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on global Superabsorbent Polymer includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of product type, and End-User. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Superabsorbent Polymer industry. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in manufacturing and distributing components or solutions.
- ManageWho should buy this report?rs within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to the global Superabsorbent Polymer industry.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and financial organizations looking for T&D investment trends in the global Superabsorbent Polymer industry.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The surging population along with rising awareness about personal hygiene and health across the developing as well as developed countries leading to escalated demand for absorption products is anticipated to stimulate the industry size. Furthermore, the growing focus on effective management of water for irrigation in agriculture sector, coupled with rising adoption of environmental friendly products is fueling the industry growth. Although, the volatility associated with the prices of raw material along with matured markets leading to limited growth is hindering industry upsurge. However, the growing demand from the developing countries along with shifting focus to develop bio super absorbent is poised to catapult the industry size.
Product Type Segment
On the basis of the product type segment, the market is categorized into acrylic acid based, polyacrylamide, and others. The polyacrylamide segment is analyzed to hold a significant share across the regions.
Superabsorbent Polymer market is segmented into personal hygiene, industrial, packaging, agriculture, and others, on the basis of End-user. In this segment, personal hygiene segment is anticipated to hold a major share in the coming years.
In 2018, Asia Pacific accounts for a major share and is anticipated to follow the same pattern in the coming years. Growing disposable income coupled with rising population leading to a rising inclination toward health, cleanliness, and hygiene is augmenting the industry growth. In addition, rising adoption of the product across the agrarian economy such as India is complementing the industry outlook. Moreover, increasing inclination toward boosting healthcare and medial capabilities to enhance life expectancy will further positively sway the business landscape over the forecast timeline.
The leading players operating across the global Superabsorbent Polymer market include Nippon Shokubai, BASF, Evonik, LG Chem, Sumitomo, SDP Global, and Yixing Danson, including others. The market for Superabsorbent Polymer is consolidated with established global players and is further witnessing the emergence of new companies. Moreover, the industry players are targeting toward enhancing their market share through implementation of merger & acquisition, collaborations growth strategies.