Sports analytics refers to an analysis of historical and relevant sports data of players, their performance, and other relevant sports data. By analyzing sports data, sports analytics software provides numerous notifications to coaches, players, and other related staff. These notifications include injury indicators, players’ performance, recovery strategies, sports-related activities, and several others which further helps in making a better decision before and during the sports event. Sports analytics software provides a competitive benefit to an individual or a team.
The global sports analytics software market size is anticipated to reach over USD 5 billion By 2025. This can be attributed to the growing need to enhance players' performance is driving the market growth. Also, the rising investments in sports technology are fuelling the global sports analytics software market growth.
However, the budget constraints for many sports organizations are expected to hamper the market growth. Furthermore, the integration of ML and AI technologies is anticipated to be opportunistic for the market in the forthcoming years.
Key Segments of the Global Sports Analytics Software Market
Component Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Million)
Analytics Type Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Million)
o Video Analysis
o Team & Player Analysis
o Health Assessment
o Ticket Pricing
o Fan Engagement
Deployment Mode Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Million)
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Million)
• Rest of Europe
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
• South Africa
• Rest of Middle East and Africa
• Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
• The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Sports Analytics Software market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
• Ensure you remain competitive as innovations By existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
• The study on the global sports analytics software market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
• The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the penetration testing industry and their strategic initiatives for the Component development
• The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on component, analytics type, and deployment model. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
• Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
• This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global sports analytics software market. The report will benefit Every stakeholder involved in the sports analytics software market.
• Managers within the penetration testing industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global sports analytics software market.
• Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global sports analytics software market.
• Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The sports analytics software can be analyzed across an extensive range of games comprising basketball, tennis, boxing, baseball, cricket, football, and others. It provides real-time information such as acceleration achieved, runs scored, the speed attained, and energy level of a player throughout the game. Hence, such statistics assist team managers and coaches in assessing a player’s performance during the game.
Also, such data generated from various games can further help in developing the strategies for the upcoming games. Hence, such factors are driving the adoption of sports analytics software globally. Moreover, an increasing number of sports events and rising pressure on sports players to perform better in every game is also driving the demand for sports analytics software.
In terms of the component, the market is divided into solutions and services. In 2019, the solutions segment accumulated the highest market share and it is likely to do so throughout the forecast period. Also, the solutions segment is anticipated to experience the highest market growth throughout the forecast period. The dominance of this segment is mainly accredited to the growing need to analyze players' fitness and performance.
Analytics Type Segment
Based on the analytics type, the market is segmented into off-field and on-field. The on-field segment is further segmented into video analysis, team & player analysis, and health assessment. Also, the off-field segment is further bifurcated into ticket pricing and fan engagement. In 2019, the on-field segment accumulated the highest market share and it is likely to do so throughout the forecast period. Also, the on-field segment is anticipated to experience the highest market growth throughout the forecast period. The dominance of this segment is mainly accredited to the growing need to analyze players' fitness and performance.
Deployment Mode Segment
Based on the deployment mode, the market is categorized into the cloud and on-premise. In 2019, the cloud segment accumulated the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of this segment is majorly attributed to the growing adoption of cloud technologies among large as well as small & medium enterprises.
The North American region is projected to gather the highest market share during the forecast period. The dominance of this region is mainly accredited to the significant developments happening in this region. However, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to accumulate the highest growth rate during the forecast period 2020-2025. The market growth in this region is primarily accredited to the increasing awareness about the sport analytics solutions among the various organizations.
The major players of the global Sports Analytics Software market are EXL, SportsSource Analytics, IBM, SAS, GlobalStep, Tableau Software, IceBergs Sports, Catapult, iSportsAnalysis, and Sportradar. Moreover, the other potential players in the Sports Analytics Software market are Quant4Sport, Chyronhego, Exasol, Advanced Sports Analytics Software, and TruMedia Network. The recognized companies are coming up with an innovative and new Sports Analytics Software solution. For instance, in July 2019, IBM announced a partnership with Columbus Crew, an American professional soccer club. With this partnership, IBM created the digital experience for Columbus Crew Soccer Club's new stadium which is expected to be open By the year 2021.