The Southeast Asia cloud computing market size was valued at USD 15.2 billion in 2017. The growth of cloud computing market is driven with the rise in e-commerce sector, and the cost effectiveness of the public cloud as compared to the conventional physical storage.
Cloud computing is primarily for sharing network of servers that serves centralized data to remote devices through internet. It is specifically referred to as a common storage platform through which multiple devices in the network can access data at once. This platform is not only cost efficient but also makes data available for access at any time and from any given location. It eliminates the need and expense for hardware setup, software update and many other time-consuming IT management tasks. It also reduces network latencies for applications that in return provides greater economies of scale. Huge amount of data can be provisioned within minutes that gives consumers great flexibility and increases efficiency of the work.
Up until 2017, the private cloud market generated revenues worth USD 7.4 billion owing to the increase in medium and large enterprises. Over the next seven years, the use of private cloud is set to significantly increase due to increasing concerns for data breaching in the public cloud computing market. One of the contributing factors is the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), a model of private cloud which allows the company to customize infrastructure sources like network and storage as a device.
IaaS holds an approximate market share of 55% in the cloud computing market as of 2017 followed by Platform as a Service (Paas). IaaS is expected to witness a fair amount of growth in the coming years owing to increasing volume of business and acute financial data and other significant information among the businesses in multiple sectors. The telecom and information technology sectors is expected to witness a vigorous growth in the IaaS market as it generates huge amounts of data. The increased adoption of private platform executions has led to be the safest form of cloud deployment in spite of having high implementation costs. The cloud IaaS offers virtual server space particularly that of a virtualized software, network connections, and load balancers.
Thailand was at the leading position in revenue generation making up for 42% of the total market share owing to increased demand for cloud based data migration and disaster recovery solutions. The government has imposed quicker and new e-Governance initiatives with lower overhead costs solidifying better services without requiring the setup of substantial IT infrastructure.
The rise of cloud computing has one of the greatest impacts on healthcare industry which gives it ability to host information remotely across the globe for instant access of information and research. It also allows doctors to give direct advice to those in disaster zones or rural areas who comparatively have less experience. The IT and Telecommunication sector creates enormous amount of financial and business data and is seen to witness a high growth in the private cloud sector.
Key segments of the Southeast Asia cloud computing market
Deployment Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
- Public Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
Product Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
Organization Size Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
Product Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
- IT & Telecom
- Aerospace & Defense
- Government & Utilities
- Consumer Electronics
Country Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
- Rest of Southeast Asia
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the cloud computing market industry.
- We have been following the overall segmentation of cloud computing market especially the private cloud and IaaS market. This type has been growing rapidly with the increase in volume of business and reasons for data breaching.
- While conducting research on the cloud computing market on country level it has been seen that due to its cost effectiveness over the conventional storage methods, cloud is the next big thing and currently in boom. The data breaches and data leakage in the public cloud may be a restriction in this market however technological up gradation drives the market in the coming future.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global cloud computing market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the value chain and Porter’s Five Forces’ analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of type, application and region. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the cloud computing industry. The report will benefit:
- Executives of cloud computing companies
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to cloud computing systems
- Venture capitalist looking into investing capital
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for innovative solutions
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies