The market size for global Software-Defined Wide Area Network is anticipated to reach USD 26 billion by 2028. Software-Defined Wide Area Network streamlines the management of a wide area network by separating networking hardware through its control mechanism. It deploys virtualization technology to enhance data center operation and management. The software-defined WAN enables organizations to build better performance wide-area networks using cost-effective leased lines, which helps to fully or partially replace costly private WAN connection technologies for example MPLS (Multi-Protocol Label Switching).
The growing requirement for enterprise mobility has given rise to the increasing adoption of mobile devices that includes tablets, smartphones, and notebooks to access business networks. On the other hand, the binding IT infrastructure is under constant pressure to configure such devices robustly way while meeting compliance norms and standards. The surge of such huge mobile datasets calls for unified interconnections and parallel processing on multiple servers. This, consecutively, has stimulated a continuous demand for sophisticated network solutions and additional network capacity. While carrier and data center vendors experience the daunting task of bolstering their networks to unimaginable sizes, the software-defined wide area network comes off as a favorable solution.
Key Segments of the Global Software-Defined Wide Area Network (Software-Defined Wide Area Network) Market
Component Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Training & Support
- Consulting & Advisory
Organization Size Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
Deployment Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Energy and Utilities
- Transportation and Logistics
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Software-Defined Wide Area Network (Software-Defined Wide Area Network) Market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global Software-Defined Wide Area Networkmarketincludes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the Software-Defined Wide Area Network industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on organization type, component, deployment, and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Software-Defined Wide Area Network market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder is involved in the Software-Defined Wide Area Network market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global Software-Defined Wide Area Network market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global Software-Defined Wide Area Network market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The demand for the Software-Defined Wide Area Network market globally to witness considerable growth in the coming five years. Wide area networking enables the organizations to outspread their computer networks over great distances, to connect remote branch workplaces to data centers and among each other, and provide the services and applications needed to perform business operations. The growing need for reducing IT expenses along with the dynamic business environments and growth in the implementation of cloud services in organizations are the key factors fueling the Software-Defined Wide Area Network market growth.
As customers have moved toward high definition screens, the requirement for high-quality video streaming has improved substantially. The high-quality video needs high bandwidth. This, in turn, shall surge the demand for Software-Defined Wide Area Network to prioritize the increasing network traffic and facilitate enriched video streaming quality and customer experience. However, security concerns over Software-Defined Wide Area Network systems owing to the cyber attacks and breaches are likely to hinder the industry growth in the coming years.
The global Software-Defined Wide Area Network market contains both solution and service segments. The solution segment further software, and appliances. The services segment is further categorized into implementation, training & support, and consulting & advisory. The services segment is likely to grow at a considerable growth rate from 2020 to 2028. It enables end-users in lowering operational expenses, reducing costs, and enhancing business performance. Additionally, organizations can evaluate, track, and scrutinize the prerequisites of their business to execute informed decisions.
Organization Size Segment
Based on the organization size segment, the market is bifurcated into two sub-segments that are small & medium, and large enterprise. In 2019, the large enterprise segment gathered the largest market revenue and it is anticipated to govern the Software-Defined Wide Area Network market throughout the forecast period. Software-Defined Wide Area Network solutions are essential for large organizations since they have to maintain huge volumes of data, as well as a large workforce. The Software-Defined Wide Area Network technology advances troubleshooting for networks of large organizations by having data about forwarding tables through the network. However, the small & medium segment is projected to grow at a significant growth rate over the forecast period.
Based on the deployment segment, the market is bifurcated into two sub-segments that are on-premise, and cloud. In 2019, the on-premise segment gathered the largest market revenue and it is anticipated to dominate the market throughout the forecast period. However, the cloud segment is anticipated to grow at a substantial growth rate over the forecast period. The cloud enables organizations with a unified platform with SaaS-based services providing improved security.
Based on the application, the market is segmented into BFSI, retail, manufacturing, transportation and logistics, healthcare, energy and utilities, government, and others. The IT & telecom sector dominated the Software-Defined Wide Area Network industry in 2019 owing to the increasing demand for bandwidth-intensive applications. On the other hand, the penetration of mobile devices has led to an upsurge in the usage of high bandwidth applications. As organizations functioning in the IT sector are scaling up their business processes globally and switching to cloud platforms, the industry demand for a secure and robust WAN architecture to attain improved network performance and high connectivity increases.
The global Software-Defined Wide Area Network market is a wide range to North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is considered a mature market in the Software-Defined Wide Area Network applications, owing to the outsized presence of an organization with the availability of technical expertise and advanced IT infrastructure. The US and Canada are the highest contributory countries to the expansion of the Software-Defined Wide Area Network market in North America.
The major players of the global Software-Defined Wide Area Network market areCisco, VMware, Aryaka Networks, Silver Peak, Nokia, Huawei, Infovista, Oracle, Citrix, Fortinet, HPE, Juniper, Fatpipe, CloudGenix, Versa Networks, Riverbed, Adaptiv Networks, Peplink, and more. The Software-Defined Wide Area Network market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe.