The global software defined data center (SDDC) market is anticipated to reach at USD 101 billion by 2025. The factors such as reduced operations expenses and enhanced up-time in organizations is likely to fuel the growth of SDDC industry growth in the coming future. SDDC facilitates efficiency and productivity through enhanced network access through a range of portable and traditional equipment assembled in a virtual and physical space. Software defined data center can produce a base for creating dexterity into the way organizations offer IT services.
Currently, enterprises are implementing SDDC technology for enhancing need for virtualization, security, and agility. It also has an ability to decrease OPEX and offer flexible allocation of resource. SDDC have a leverage of being able to be adopted on any hardware. However, increasing pressure on the industry resources and challenges of integration of software defined data center technologies due to lack of knowledge and skilled workforce are some of the key constraints limiting the industry growth.
Key Segments of the Global Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) Market
Solution Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Software-Defined Data Center Networking (SDN)
- Software-Defined Computing (SDC)
- Software-Defined Storage (SDS)
Data Center Type Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Mid-Sized Data Centers
- Enterprise Data Centers
- Large Data Centers
Application Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Telecom & IT
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global software defined data center market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global software defined data center market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the software defined data center industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on solution, data center type, and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global software defined data center market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in the software defined data center market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global software defined data center market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global software defined data center market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Software defined data center (SDDC) is a software-based data storage solution in which all the resources including networking, security, and storage are combined and offered as a software service. It enables a secured user portal which uses web-based servers to deliver data proficiently. SDDC facilitates the user to access the data over cloud technology and virtualization. Additionally, it delivers an innovative data management solution which creates and monitors a backup for data. Exponential big data rise and cost-effectiveness has resulted to a higher adoption of software defined data center solutions across verticals such as retail, BFSI, healthcare, IT & telecom, among others. Thus, the SDDC industry is anticipated to witness a significant growth in the next five years due to automated and streamlined software data center operations. Yet, data security threat is among the major challenge faced by the industry players and may limit the market growth.
On the basis of solution segment, the global software defined data center market in classified into software-defined networking (SDN), software-defined computing (SDC), and software-defined storage (SDS). The software-defined network segment has maximum revenue share within the global software defined data center market in 2019. SDN enables the delivery of cost-effective, dynamic, adaptable, and manageable solutions, thus, making it an optimal solution for enterprises for dynamic applications by using high-bandwidth.
Data Center Type Segment
Based on the data center type segment, the market is bifurcated into three sub-segments that are mid-sized data centers, enterprise data centers, and large data centers. In 2019, the large data gathered the largest market revenue and it is anticipated to govern the software defined data center market throughout the forecast period. However, the mid-sized segment is anticipated to grow at a substantial growth rate over the forecast period.
Based on the application, the market is segmented into BFSI, telecom & IT, healthcare, retail, manufacturing, media & entertainment, and others. The market for telecom & IT is anticipated to possess the largest market share in 2019 since the Tech companies today are predominantly developing to match their user needs. Moreover, the growing regulatory scrutiny coupled with enhanced customer satisfaction, as well as advantages such as risk management, and customized
solutions are some of the factors responsible for the software defined data center demand.
The global software defined data center industry is a wide range to North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is considered a mature market in the software defined data center applications, owing to an outsized presence of organization with the availability of technical expertise and advanced IT infrastructure. The US and Canada are the highest contributory countries to the expansion of the software defined data center market in North America.
The major players of the global software defined data center market are VMware, Microsoft, Nutanix, Dell EMC, HPE, Huawei, Cisco, NEC, RedHat, Oracle, IBM, SUSE, Fujitsu, Citrix, Lenovo and more. The software defined data center market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe.