A SAN (storage area network) is a network of storage devices that can be accessed by multiple servers or computers, providing a shared pool of storage space. Each computer on the network can access storage on the SAN as though they were local disks connected directly to the computer.
Storage area networks (SANs) are the most common storage networking architecture used by enterprises for business-critical applications that need to deliver high throughput and low latency. A rapidly growing portion of SAN deployments leverages all-flash storage to gain its high performance, consistent low latency, and lower total cost when compared to spinning disk. By storing data in centralized shared storage, SANs enable organizations to apply consistent methodologies and tools for security, data protection, and disaster recovery.
The global server storage area network market size is predicted to reach over USD 325 billion by 2028. This can be ascribed to the Increasing number of data centers and requirement for improved data storage management. Besides, the technological advancements is another factor driving the market growth for Server Storage Area Network.
However, the lack of awareness, interoperability issues and deployment challenges are some of the factors which are expected to restrain the market growth. The key players in the market are coming up with advanced and new strategic services & solutions to remain competitive in the global market.
Server Storage Area Network (SAN) Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 325 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 45% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Type, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, South America|
|Key Players Profiled||Citrix Systems, Inc., Datacore Software, EMC Corporation, Hewlett-Packard Development Company LP, Hitachi Ltd., Nexenta Systems, Inc., Nutanix, Inc., and Scale Computing|
Key Segments of the Global Server Storage Area Network Market
Type Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Billion)
Application Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Billion)
Regional Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Server Storage Area Network market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global Server Storage Area Network market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the Server Storage Area Network industry and their strategic initiatives for product development.
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on type, and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Server Storage Area Network market. The report will benefit Every stakeholder involved in the Server Storage Area Network market.
- Managers within the Server Storage Area Network industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global Server Storage Area Network market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global Server Storage Area Network market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and government institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Storage Area Network (SAN) is newest technology that allows to data storage internally the network. This network is constructed with using of network swatches, fiber optic cables, servers, and storage devices. Server storage area network offers enterprises a number of advantages. A key benefit of SANs is bandwidth improvement. LAN-based server storage systems are often subject to bandwidth bottlenecks, which reduces performance and increases the time it takes to complete simple tasks and transfers. Since a SAN takes over a large chunk of your network traffic, it decreases the stress on your LAN’s bandwidth. The growth of competition in Server Storage Area Network market around the globe is expected to provide substantial market growth. The market is consolidated as several major market players currently hold the major market share. However, the market is expected to become fragmented in the forthcoming years as several new market players are emerging from developing countries such as India, Japan, China, and other countries.
Based on the type segment, the market is classified into solution, and services. The service segment is predicted to hold the major share of the market while the solution segment is expected to witness rapid growth. This is owing to owing to factors like high growth in the adoption of managed services and increasing requirements of various kinds of post- and pre-sales services.
Based on the application, the market is segmented into hyperscale, and enterprise. In 2020, the hyperscale segment captured the major part of the total market. The said segment is likely to remain the largest segment owing their perceived benefits.
The North American region is likely to account for the maximum market contribution during the forecast years. The domination of this region is largely ascribed to the early adoption of Server Storage Area Network tools by US enterprises, and market maturity. However, the Asia-Pacific is likely to gather noteworthy growth through the forecast years 2021-2028. The growth of the Server Storage Area Network market in this region is mostly ascribed to the growth in number of enterprises realizing the importance of Server Storage Area Network solutions in countries such as India, Japan, and China.
The major players of the global Server Storage Area Network market are Citrix Systems, Inc., Datacore Software, EMC Corporation, Hewlett-Packard Development Company LP, Hitachi Ltd., Nexenta Systems, Inc., Nutanix, Inc., and Scale Computing. In addition, the previously recognized as well as new market players are approaching the market with advanced and new strategic services and solutions and to remain competitive in the global market.