The Satellite transponders are minor chip size circuits that are integrated into satellites for the purpose of transmitting the uplink data or information to the downlink and vice-versa. The growing trend of advanced channel broadcasting has intensified the demand for satellite transponders across the globe as the number of operational satellites on-orbit rose by over 20% to 2100 with more than 300 satellites being launched in 2018 according to SIA (Satellite Industry Association)..
The global Satellite Transponder nd market size is predicted to reach over USD XX billion by 2028. This can be ascribed to the growing demand for the adoption of Satellite Transponder due to the increase in demand for new TV platforms and technologies, rise in demand for consumer broadband and corporate enterprise networks, and Growth in KU-band and Ka-band services are expected to drive the market. The telecom industries are looking forward to leasing an added number of transponders in order to deliver the broadband facility to the most isolated places on earth.
However, competition from fiber-optic transmission cable networks, requirement of high capital investment hampering the market growth. Furthermore, increased use of Hts for broadband connectivity, increase in customer demand for high data rate applications is likely to provide lucrative development opportunities for the Satellite Transponder market in the forthcoming years.
Satellite Transponder Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Segment Covered||Bandwidth, Service, End User, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, South America|
|Key Players Profiled||SES, Arabsat, Eutelsat, Intelsat, Star One, Thaicom, SKY, Perfect JSAT Corporation, Hispasat, Singtel, Telesat. Renowned companies are offering satellite transponder solutions.|
Key Segments of the Global Satellite Transponder Market
Bandwidth Overview, 2021-2028 (USD Million)
- C Band
- KU Band
- KA Band
- K Band
Service Overview, 2021-2028 (USD Million)
- Maintenance & Support
End User Overview, 2021-2028 (USD Million)
- Commercial Communication
- Government Communication
- Remote Sensing
Regional Overview, 2021-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
o Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
o Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
o Saudi Arabia
o Rest of MEA
- South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global satellite Transponder Market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global satellite Transponder Market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the satellite transponder industry and their strategic initiatives for product development.
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on bandwidth, services, and end user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global satellite transponder market. The report will benefit Every stakeholder involved in the satellite transponder market.
- Managers within the satellite transponder industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global satellite transponder market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global satellite transponder market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and government institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The satellite transponders leasing market is anticipated to grow in terms of both coverage and capability as Ka-band and Ku-band frequencies pertain to fuel the market growth, moreover, the rising number of subscriber updates and new subscribers are also expected to drive the global satellite transponders market. Furthermore, owing to the present technological advancements in satellite communications several new applications of satellite transponders are expected to emerge.
As the customer demand for high data rate applications increases, there are increasing numbers of TV platforms and technologies being manufactured. This leads to the rise of cooperate enterprise networks and therefore a boost in broadband connectivity and KU-Band and KA-Band services. These factors drive the market growth over the forecasted period.
The market is consolidated as several major market players currently hold the major market share. However, the market is expected to become fragmented in the forthcoming years as several new market players are emerging from developing countries such as India, Japan, China, and other countries.
Based on the Bandwidth segment, the market is bifurcated into C Band, KU Band, KA Band, K Band, and Others. The C-band segment registered the largest market share, followed by the Ku-band and Ka-band segment in the satellite transponder bandwidth market. The large share is mainly attributed to the increasing usage of transponders of working on these bandwidths in weather forecasting, broadcasting, mapping, and many more applications
In terms of the service, the market is categorized into leasing, maintenance & support, and others. The leasing segment is predicted to achieve the largest growth during the forecast years 2021-2028. The shift in the focus of satellite operators towards supplying high-capacity satellite transponder is expected to grow significantly.
End User Segment
Based on the End User, the market is segmented into Commercial Communication, Government Communication, Navigation, Remote Sensing, R&D, and Others. Commercial communication applications are projected to dominate the global satellite transponder market over the forecast period. The high share of commercial communication applications in the overall market is driven by the development of new cost effective satellite technologies and increasing demand for telecommunication services across the globe.
North America is likely to gather noteworthy growth through the forecast years 2021-2028. The growth of the library market in this region is mostly ascribed to the extensive necessity for secure and reliable satellite-based communication that is being used in video distribution, DTH, broadband accesses. However, the Middle East & Africa and South America region is likely to account for the maximum market contribution during the forecast years. The domination of this region is largely ascribed to the rise in demand for direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV, high definition (HD).
The major players of the global library market are SES, Arabsat, Eutelsat, Intelsat, Star One, Thaicom, SKY, Perfect JSAT Corporation, Hispasat, Singtel, Telesat. Renowned companies are offering satellite transponder solutions. In addition, the previously recognized as well as new market players are approaching the market with advanced and new strategic services and solutions and to remain competitive in the global market.