The global same day delivery market size was USD 2.81 billion in 2017. Increasing consumer demand for quick product delivery is expected to drive global same day delivery industry over the forecast period. In 2017, the global retail e-commerce sales exceeded USD 2 trillion. Increase in online sales coupled with the rise in penetration of e-commerce companies all over the world is expected to encourage manufacturers to offer same day delivery services.
Automation coupled with the rise in the number of internet users is expected to propel same day delivery market growth over the projected period. The number of internet users worldwide was more than 3.5 billion in 2017. In addition, the rise in the number of smartphone users is expected to increase adoption of same day delivery over the projected period. Well established e-commerce companies such as Amazon, Inc., Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., Jingdong, eBay Inc., B2W Companhia Digital, Rakuten, Inc., Zalando and Groupon are adding multiple ways to ensure timely delivery of their products. For instance, a tie-up between Flipkart and Ekart has improved Flipkart’s delivery efficiency with a lower cost of delivery.
Increasing level of productivity within a team and gain over competitors by virtue of same day delivery is expected to increase its adoption over the forecast period. In 2017, B2B same day delivery services accounted for more than 45% of overall market share. Same day service offers reliability and professionalism, this, in turn, is expected to promote service providers to offer quick delivery services.
In certain cases, customers are willing to pay extra for express delivery services which in turn is expected to propel the global B2C same day delivery market. Growing need for instant delivery of food & beverages and medicines has prompted service providers to strengthen their distribution channels to cater to the growing consumer demand.
A massive consumer base is located in Asia Pacific which resulted in the region accounting for more than 35% of the global same day delivery market share. Developing B2C e-commerce industry in China, Japan and South Korea is expected to increase the market concentration of the same day delivery industry over the next few years. Moreover, growing economies such as India and Southeast Asia are expected to witness the fastest growth within the industry due to the virtue of increased internet connectivity followed by the growth of the global m-commerce market.
Over the past few years, online ordering of food and prepared meals has gained popularity in North America. In the U.S., nearly 1.4 billion orders were placed through phone delivery in 2010 and in 2015 that number dropped to nearly 1 billion. However, online orders doubled between 2010 and 2015. Increased millennials population has prompted retailers to offer faster delivery in order to gain a competitive advantage. Recovering economy and strong retail e-commerce sales are expected to increase same day delivery market reach in Central & South America over the coming years. In 2017, the total retail e-commerce sales in Central & South America stood around USD 50 billion.
The global same day delivery market is consolidated in nature with the top 10 players accounting for more than 50% of market share in 2017. Prominent players operating in the market are A-1 Express, DHL Group, FedEx, United Parcel Service of America, Inc., USA Couriers, American Expediting, Aramex, Deliv, LaserShip Inc. and Royal Mail. Prominent retailers are partnering with logistic companies in order to strengthen their distribution network and offer quicker delivery to capture customer base. For instance, in 2017, Walmart, retailer giant acquired New York-based logistic company, Parcel, to offer same day delivery services to New York City.
E-commerce companies in India are adopting a hyperlocal strategy to offer customers the latest products with quick delivery. Moreover, tie-ups with electronics, mobile phones and home furnishings manufacturers benefit e-commerce companies in saving warehousing, inventory and delivery cost. For instance, Arvind Ltd, a textile manufacturer, is planning to allow Myntra, Flipkart, Paytm, and Amazon India to access its in-house brands.
Same Day Delivery Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 9.96 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of over 17.5% during 2015-2025|
|Segment Covered||Type, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Central & South America, Middle East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Amazon, Inc., Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., Jingdong, eBay Inc., B2W Companhia Digital, Rakuten, Inc., Zalando and Groupon|
Key segments of the global same day delivery market
Type Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
Application Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
- North America
- Southeast Asia
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- The study assesses the dynamics and movement of the global same day delivery market across various geographies
- While studying the same day delivery market, we observed that the demand for B2C delivery is expected to be tremendous in developing countries
- The market is consolidated and major players have their presence across the globe. The companies, as a strategic step planning to enter into urban areas to capture untapped market
What does the report include?
- The report focuses on same day delivery market, by types and application
- The study on the global same day delivery market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, and restraints
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of type and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should you buy this report?
- The global same day delivery market study meets the needs for various parties including government and non-government associations, consultants , analysts, researchers and academicians
- The report is also suitable for companies that are currently operating in the market as well as those looking to integrate their operations by partnering with retail e-commerce companies
- Moreover, the study can also help new entrants take informed decisions about venturing into the market.