The global pressure sensitive tape market size was valued at USD 51.42 billion in 2017. Expanding construction, automotive, and healthcare sectors have resulted in an increased demand for pressure sensitive tapes over the past few years.
Global Pressure Sensitive Tape Market Size, By Product, 2015-2025 (USD Billion)
Noise reduction, vibration dampening, elimination of surface refinishing, reduced assembly time, elimination of mechanical fasteners for cosmetic superiority, uniform thickness, and gap filling properties has increased its popularity for automotive applications. Technological advancement in adhesives and low cost as compared to other fastening systems is expected to increase the global pressure sensitive tapes market size over the projected period.
Over the past few years, advancement in packaging technology has encouraged manufacturers to expand their distribution network and transport bulk quantity of products all over the world. Carton boxes are the preferred secondary packaging products by virtue of its compatibility and easy availability. Growing adoption of pressure sensitive tapes for sealing of carton boxes are expected to increase their market volume and revenues over the projected period. The global corrugated boxes market size exceeded USD 60 billion in 2017. Strong growth of the electronics goods and food & beverage industries is expected to increase the market penetration of carton boxes, which in turn, is expected to increase the global pressure sensitive tapes market reach over the coming years.
Global Pressure Sensitive Tapes Market Size, By Region, 2017 (%)
The global pressure sensitive tape market size for automotive application accounted for more than 6% of overall market volume and revenue share in 2017. Growing adoption in roof molding, side fenders, rear spoilers, plate panels, outer belt moldings, side mirrors, rocker panel, bumper side moldings, and emblem & nameplates is expected to increase the utilization of double-sided tapes in automotive applications over the projected period. Increased application in electrical & electronics and construction industry to protect electrical components by virtue of high heat resistance and dielectric strength is expected to increase market expansion of electrical tape over the projected period. Growing healthcare and automotive industry in Europe is expected to increase pressure sensitive tapes market reach over the projected period. Increased application in wound care dressings, sealing surgical drapes, medical equipment, and diagnostic devices is expected to increase market penetration of pressure sensitive tapes in medical applications over the coming years.
Growing opportunities for commercial, residential, and industrial construction activities in developing economies is expected to drive the global pressure sensitive tape market. Asia Pacific pressure sensitive tapes market accounted for more than 50% of overall market share in 2017. The growing automotive industry in India, China, and Japan is expected to amplify market growth over the coming years. Trends in the electronics industry such as robotics & automation, virtual reality, IoT technology for household appliances, and rising demand for smart TV’s is expected to provide lucrative growth in the global electronics industry, thus, in turn, is projected to encourage manufacturers to adopt pressure sensitive tapes for protecting electronic components.
The global pressure sensitive tapes industry is fragmented in nature as the leading five manufacturers operating in this industry accounted for nearly 30% of overall share in 2017. Prominent players operating in global pressure sensitive tape industry are 3M, Avery Dennison, Nitto Denko, Lohmann GmbH, Nichiban, Lintec, Intertape Polymer, Shurtape, tesa, and Advance Tapes International.
Manufacturers operating in this industry are adopting M&A and new product development strategies to strengthen their distribution channel and sustain in the competitive environment. For instance, in 2016, Avery Dennison, an American manufacturer, and distributor of pressure sensitive adhesive materials acquired Mactac. This acquisition is expected to expand Avery Dennison’s business in Europe and Asia. Moreover, in August 2018, Intertape Polymer Group, manufacturer and distributor of film and paper-based pressure sensitive tapes acquired Polyair Inter Pack, a Canada-based manufacturer engaged in integrated packaging systems.
Pressure Sensitive Tape Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 83.85 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of over 6.3% during 2015-2025|
|Segment Covered||Backing Material,Product, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle-East & Africa, Latin America|
|Key Players Profiled||3M, Avery Dennison, Nitto Denko, Lohmann GmbH, Nichiban, Lintec, Intertape Polymer, Shurtape, tesa, and Advance Tapes International.|
Key segments of the global pressure sensitive tapes market
Backing Material Overview, 2015-2025 (Million Square Meter) (USD Million)
- Polyvinyl Chloride
Product Overview, 2015-2025 (Million Square Meter) (USD Million)
- Carton Sealing Tapes
- Masking Tapes
- Double Sided Tapes
- Electrical Tape
Application Overview, 2015-2025 (Million Square Meter) (USD Million)
- Infrastructure & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
- Healthcare & Medical
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (Million Square Meter) (USD Million)
- North America
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
Reasons for the study
- The study assesses the dynamics and movement of the global pressure sensitive tapes market across various geographies
- While studying the global pressure sensitive tapes market, we observed that the demand for pressure sensitive tapes in construction, automotive, and medical industry is expected to be tremendous in developing countries
- Well-established pressure sensitive tapes manufacturers are operating across the globe. The companies, as a strategic step planning to enter untapped market in the coming years
What does the report include?
- The study on the global pressure sensitive tapes market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, and restraints
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of backing material, product, and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segment
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should you buy this report?
- The global pressure sensitive tapes market study meets the needs for various parties including government and non-government associations, consultants , analysts, researchers and academicians
- The report is also suitable for companies that are currently operating in the market as well as those looking to integrate their operations from either raw material manufacturing or downstream products.
- Moreover, the study can also help new entrants take informed decisions about venturing into the market.