The global Polyimide Films market size is expected to reach close to USD 5.53 Billion by 2029 with an annualized growth rate of 8.8% through the projected period.
The Polyimide Films market size was valued at >1.0 USD billion in 2020. Improved tensile strength, flammability, and enhanced thermal resistivity, are some of the key features offered by the polyimides in comparison to other available materials in turn are positively impacting the product adoption. Positive government outlook toward promotion of innovation activities to improve the product and associated applications capabilities in order to attain enhanced output is contributing to the industry upsurge.
The polyimides are obtained through polymerization in polar solvents through imine treatment and film forming at elevated temperatures. These film exhibits improved physical, electrical, and chemical properties. Furthermore, these films possess strong withholding properties against high radiation, and temperature, owing to which it finds application in pressure sensitive tapes, flexible printed circuits, and specialty fabricated products.
Rising integration of digital technology to facilitate manufacturing operations across the industries is proliferating the industry landscape. Furthermore, growing advancement in robotics coupled with rising penetration of automation to perform various functions is favoring the business outlook. Surging demand from the electronic industry for the materials exhibiting enhanced thermal stability and chemical resistance is stimulating the industry growth.
Polyimide Films Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2029
|USD 5.53 billion
|CAGR of 11% during 2019-2029
|End-Use, Application, Regions
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Central & South America, Middle East & Africa
|Key Players Profiled
|Taimide Tech. Inc., DuPont, Saint-Gobain, Toray Industries, Inc., Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc., and UBE Industries Ltd., including others
Key Segments of the Global Polyimide Films Market
Application Overview (USD Billion)
- Specialty Fabricated Products
- Flexible Printed Circuits
- Pressure Sensitive Tapes
- Wires & Cables
End-Use Overview, (USD Billion)
Regional Overview, (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Rest of Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global polyimide films market.
- Polyimide films is widely used for various end-uses in automotive, aerospace, and solar, owing to their excellent properties and the market is expected to gain traction over the coming years.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global polyimide films market includes qualitative insights such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the porter’s five forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of application, and end-use. Moreover, the study on polyimide films market provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players operating in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global polyimide films market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material providers, manufacturers, distributors, and other intermediaries
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global polyimide films market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global polyimide films market
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Ongoing innovation activities across the aerospace sector to improve the capabilities and advancement across the space is boosting the product adoption. Rising industrialization along with a positive economic outlook across the globe leading to development across automobile and other heavy industries which facilities operations at high temperature is augmenting the product demand. Growing advancement across the electronics industry to 3D TVs, cellular devices, smart TVs which require high performing materials to perform seamless working which is attainable through polyimides is expected to catapult the industry upsurge over the forecast timeframe.
Increasing development across the automotive industry along with growing advancement across electronics industry is augmenting the product adoption. Although, the high cost associated with polyimides along with tedious processing for polyimide films is hampering the industry growth. However, increasing efforts by the industry players to improve manufacturing process and limit cost is poised to stimulate the industry growth in the coming years.
In 2020, the flexible printed circuit had the highest market share. The widespread use of flexible printed circuits in consumer electronics, such as cell phones, next-generation flexible displays, and automobiles, is expected to spur development. In the aerospace industry, flexible printed circuits are used to provide thermal resistance in high-heat environments. Flexible printed circuits are an important part of circuit boards and have a wide range of uses in a number of industries. Wire & cable emerged as the promising segment. Increased use of wire & cable made in the aerospace and automotive sector is expected to drive demand for wire & cable. It is suitable for applications where high thermal resistivity & high tensile strength, solvent resistance, flammability, and electrical resistivity are required.
In 2020, Asia Pacific dominated the industry and similar trend is projected to follow in the coming years. Ongoing industrialization along with a positive economic outlook across the region owing to the rising establishment of manufacturing facilities is driving the industry growth. Significant investments in the electronic industry along with rising disposable income leading to adoption of automobiles if further stimulating the business landscape.
The leading players operating across the global Polyimide Films market include Taimide Tech. Inc., DuPont, Saint-Gobain, Toray Industries, Inc., Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc., and UBE Industries Ltd., including others. The market for Polyimide Films is consolidated with established global players and is further witnessing the emergence of new companies. Moreover, the industry players are targeting toward enhancing their market share through implementation of merger & acquisition, collaborations growth strategies.