Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is an equipment which protects the end-user from injury or hazards at the workplace. The safety gear comprises of different range of products which are differentiated on the basis of their deployment over the human body part. Several industries are actively pursuing the equipment owing to its capabilities to reduce fatalities, which in turn help organizations to limit medical expenses, and worker compensation.
Workers are vulnerable to sustain injuries from electrical, physical, radiological, chemical, mechanical and other associated hazards. The equipment reduces the hazardous impact as it provides a blockade between working environment and the user. Positive regulations and policy framework by regulatory bodies to minimize hazard and avoid fatalities at workplace along with the strict imposition of safety measures is stimulating the industry landscape.
The personal protective equipment market is anticipated to experience a growth rate of 8% over the forecast timeframe. Ongoing technological developments, along with shifting consumer trends to adopt protective equipment, have led to a significant upsurge in the manufacturing process to produce high quality products. The industry has further witnessed a substantial upsurge in high-performing protective clothing and engineered products, which in turn is driving the industry size.
Key segments across Personal Protective Equipment market
- Type Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Billion)
- Hands & Arm Protection
- Foot & Leg Protection
- Protective Clothing
- Head Protection
- Respiratory Protection
- End-Use Industry Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Billion)
- Oil & gas
- Regional Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- North America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Personal Protective Equipment industry. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Be prepared for how investments across the industry will be impacted by socio-political and economic factors over the next few years
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations by existing key players boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on global Personal Protective Equipment includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of type, and end-use industry. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Personal Protective Equipment industry. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in manufacturing and distributing components or solutions.
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to the global Personal Protective Equipment industry.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and financial organizations looking for T&D investment trends in the global Personal Protective Equipment industry.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Growing awareness related to workers safe working conditions, along with rising industrial fatalities is anticipated to positively influence the industry size over the forecast timeline. Rising technological innovation, along with positive industry players to enhance the capabilities of the equipment is driving the industry outlook. Moreover, the growing establishment of manufacturing facilities across the emerging economies is further augmenting the product demand. Although, the high cost associated with the equipment coupled with ongoing automation across the industries have hampered the product adoption. However, strict regulations to adopt work safety norms coupled with increasing demand for multifunctional equipment is poised to escalate the industry outlook in the coming years.
Based on type, the segment is divided into hands & arm protection, foot & leg protection, protective clothing, head protection, respiratory protection, and others. The hands & arm protection segment is analyzed to hold a significant share across the regions over the forecast timeline.
End-Use Industry Segment
Personal Protective Equipment market is segmented into oil & gas, construction, healthcare, manufacturing, transportation, firefighting, and others, on the basis of end use. In this segment, construction segment is anticipated to hold a major share in the coming years.
In 2018, the Personal Protective Equipment market is dominated by North America on the basis of regional share. The stringent regulations by the federal government regarding the workplace condition and labor healthy safety have upheld the product demand. For instance, in the U.S., Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is accountable for regulations and guidelines associated to the workplace conditions and safety of the personnel. In addition, shifting focus of the industry players to develop high performing equipment is expected to drive the industry size over the forecast timeframe.
The leading players operating across the global Personal Protective Equipment market include Honeywell International Inc., 3M, E I Dupont De Nemours and Co., Ansell Limited, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Lakeland Industries, Inc., and MSA Safety Inc., including others. The market for Personal Protective Equipment is consolidated with established global players and is further witnessing the emergence of new companies. Moreover, the industry players are targeting toward enhancing their market share through implementation of merger & acquisition, collaborations growth strategies.