Diarrhoea is one of the leading causes of infant mortality and morbidity worldwide, and it is caused mainly by polluted food and drink. The most critical part of handling dehydration is restoring missing fluid and electrolytes by oral electrolyte solutions. Oral electrolyte solutions provide the perfect combination of glucose and electrolytes to help you rehydrate easily and efficiently. Although the usage of oral electrolyte solutions to treat diarrhoea is still gaining ground, improving economies and rising urbanization rates in developed countries are expected to fuel demand for oral electrolyte in the coming years.
The value of the Oral Electrolyte market is projected to grow to USD 27 billion with an estimated CAGR of 13% by 2029
As the environment grows more urbanized, there has been a change in lifestyle patterns toward wellness and fitness. Buyers are becoming more health-conscious, leading in more intense exercise and greater attempts to stay hydrated in general. As a result of the popular market change to keep fit and safe in their everyday lives, the intake of oral electrolyte solutions is rising. However, one of the major factors restricting the Oral Electrolyte Solutions market's growth is the correlation between excessive oral electrolyte solution usage and health risks. Excessive intake of electrolytic beverages has been related to electrolyte imbalance in humans.
Oral electrolyte supplements for adults are more efficient than athletic beverages, juices, and water in avoiding dehydration caused by diarrhoea and vomiting. Adults need rehydration care almost as much as children and infants, but children and infants must still be handled right away because they dehydrate more quickly. Adults can eat at least 3 quarts or litres of oral electrolytes a day before they feel better.
The aim of the report is to estimate the size of the market for oral electrolyte and the future growth potential of the market for oral electrolyte across various segments, such as patient position and component. The base year considered for the analysis is 2019 and from forecast is provided from 2020-2028.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and lockdowns in different countries around the world have had an effect on companies of all kinds. The private healthcare market is one of the places where the COVID-19 pandemic has had a huge effect. The healthcare system has been placed under financial pressure as a result of the pandemic's lockout in numerous countries. Furthermore, the coronavirus pandemic has hindered the progress, manufacture, and delivery of drugs and other healthcare goods, as well as the growth of numerous healthcare companies around the world.
In 2019, the global oral electrolyte market was dominated by North America, preceded by Asia-Pacific. People's active lifestyles and the increase of diarrheal disease are pushing demand in North America. The number of deaths due to diarrheal disease is on the rise in the area. Changing diets and eating habits in both developing and developed areas have resulted in a variety of diseases causing diarrhoea or lack of salt and water in recent years.
Key vendors in the market include DripDrop Inc., Abbott, Mead Johnson, Pendopharm, Sanofi, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory, Johnson & Johnson, Shanghai Trifecta Pharma, Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine, and many more.
Oral Electrolyte Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2029
|USD 27 billion
|CAGR of 13% during 2019-2029
|By Type, Indication, Application, End-Users, Distribution Channel, Regions
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa
|Key Players Profiled
|Johnsons & Johnsons Pvt Ltd (U.S.), Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH (U.S.), Allergan (U.S.), Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (India), Sanofi (France), Novartis AG (Switzerland), Pfizer Inc. (U.S.), Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC. (U.S.), Mylan N.V. (U.S.), Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Belgium), Bristol Myers Squibb Company (U.S.), Bayer AG (Germany), Healthy Life Pharma Private Limited (India), Drip Drop Hydration Inc. (U.S.), Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc (Japan), Pendopharm (Canada)
Key Segments of the Global Oral Electrolyte Market
Type Overview (USD Billion)
End User Overview, (USD Billion)
Distribution Channel Overview, (USD Billion)
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Regional Overview, (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global Oral Electrolyte Market
- DripDrop Inc.
- Mead Johnson
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Factory
- Johnson & Johnson
- Shanghai Trifecta Pharma
- Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of oral electrolyte market benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on oral electrolyte market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the field service management industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on solution, service, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global oral electrolyte market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the oral electrolyte market.
- Managers within the field service management industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about oral electrolyte market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global oral electrolyte market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.