The global optical coherence tomography market was valued at USD 589.3 million in 2018. Rise in prevalence of ocular diseases coupled with increase in application of optical coherence tomography in diverse disease areas are the key factors driving the global optical coherence tomography market.
The healthcare industry is continuously looking for better ways for early detection and diagnoses of serious life threatening disorders including eye diseases, cardiovascular disorders, skin diseases and cancers. Optical coherence tomography, thus, has become a standard of care in ophthalmology. It helps in evaluating the real-time information of disease diagnosis, progression of the disease, disease pathogenesis as well as potential treatment options for these disorders. Moreover, non-invasive nature of optical coherence tomography has made it a preferred choice for optical imaging.
The global optical coherence tomography market is categorized based on type, technology, and application. On the basis of technology, time domain optical coherence tomography (TDOCT) segment held the largest share of the optical coherence tomography market in 2018. Spatially encoded domain optical coherence tomography segment is anticipated to witness lucrative growth during the forecast timeframe. Based on application, ophthalmology segment grabbed majority of the share of the global optical coherence tomography market. Geographically, North America was the largest market in 2018; however, Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region by 2025.
Key players serving the global optical coherence tomography market include Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Topcon Medical Systems Inc., Michelson Diagnostics Ltd., Optovue Inc., Heidelberg Engineering GmbH, Thorlabs Inc., Agfa Healthcare, Novacam Technologies Inc. among others.
Key Segments of the Global Optical Coherence Tomography Market
Type Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
- Handheld OCT devices
- Doppler OCT devices
- Tabletop OCT devices
- Catheter-based OCT devices
Technology Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
- Frequency Domain Optical Coherence Tomography (FD-OCT)
- Time Domain Optical Coherence Tomography (TDOCT)
- Spatially Encoded Frequency Domain Optical Coherence Tomography
- Fourier Domain Optical Coherence Tomography (FDOCT)
- Spectral Domain Optical Coherence Tomography (SDOCT)
Application Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- Increase in adoption of ophthalmic diagnostic equipment in developing regions
· Significant business developments and technology advancements in optical coherence tomography industry
· Growing application of optical coherence tomography in diverse disease areas
What does the report include?
- The study on the global optical coherence tomography market includes qualitative insights such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the Porter’s Five Forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of type, technology, and application. Moreover, the study on optical coherence tomography market provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players operating in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global optical coherence tomography market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, hospitals & clinics, medical device manufacturers, healthcare organizations, ophthalmologists, distributors, suppliers and technology geeks
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global optical coherence tomography market
Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global optical coherence tomography market