The global Ophthalmic Knives market size is expected to reach close to USD 2.41 Billion by 2029 with an annualized growth rate of 5.39% through the projected period.
Ailments of the eye is a common medical situation. Vision gradually changes when individuals grow old. Aging is related with serious eye diseases for instance macular degeneration, cataracts, glaucoma, and diabetic retinopathy. These eye diseases can considerably damage an individual's vision, causing vision loss or obstruct with the activities of everyday living. These eye diseases are moderately common and have a consequence on vision and the skill of a patient to accomplish self-care.
The aim of the report is to estimate the size of the market for ophthalmic knives and the future growth potential of the market for ophthalmic knives across various segments, such as design, product and end user.
The market has been studied for historic years from 2018 to 2019, with the base year of estimation as 2020 and forecast from 2021 to 2028. Factors such as growing occurrences of ophthalmic disorders, upsurge in ageing population and quality improvement in minimally-invasive procedures are the key drivers of the global ophthalmic knives market.
The market for ophthalmic knives is poised to grow owing to both demographic and lifestyle drifts. The United States is observing a surging greying population. According to the U.S. Census Bureau the number of individuals with 65 years of age and elder to beyond double by 2050, to about 88 million. As ageing escalates vision problems, demand for ophthalmic knives is likely to consistently surge. Such as, there was a 20 to 25% growth in the number of folks with cataracts, glaucoma and age-related macular degeneration, amid 2000 and 2010. The evolution in all three of these age-related eye diseases will only speed up as the populace gets older.
Ophthalmic Knives Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 2.41 Billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 5.39 % during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||By Product, By Type, By End-User, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, South America|
|Key Players Profiled||Hoya Corporation, Essilor, Topcon Corporation, Ziemer Group, Hai Laboratories, Inc., Bausch and Lomb Incorporated, MANI Inc., Seiko Optical Products Co., Ltd., Accutome Inc., Ltd., and Alcon, Inc.|
Key Segments of the Global Ophthalmic knives Market
Design Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Straight Knives
- Crescent Knives
- Slit Knives
- MVR Knives
- Stab Knives
Product Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
End User Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global Ophthalmic Knives Market
- Alcon, Inc.
- Hoya Corporation
- Topcon Corporation
- Bausch and Lomb Incorporated
- Hai Laboratories, Inc.
- MANI Inc.
- Nidek Co., Ltd.
- Seiko Optical Products Co., Ltd.
- Ziemer Group
Reason for the study
- Rising incidents of ophthalmic disorders
- Growing risk and complexities of surgeries
- Preference for precision surgical instruments
What does the report include?
- The study on the global ophthalmic knives market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints and opportunities
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of design, product and end user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global ophthalmic knives market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including product manufacturing companies, suppliers/distributors, R&D labs, CROs, healthcare organizations, medical reimbursement and insurance providers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global ophthalmic knives market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global ophthalmic knives market