Global Non-Woven Fabrics accounted for a market size of over USD 12 billion in the year 2019 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of more than 7% over the forecast period. Non-Woven Fabrics are products produced by different fabric manufacturing processes including other than knitting and weaving. The fabrics are prepared through the different processes including cross laid, parallel laid, or randomly laid webs that are bonded with the thermoplastic or adhesive fibers under pressure and heat application. Growing demand for the product from different end-users owing to the easy availability of the fibers and rising penetration in emerging countries is stimulating the industry size.
The global Non-Woven Fabrics market size is projected to reach over USD 67 billion by 2028. The product exhibits environment-friendly characteristics such as recyclability along with limiting natural resources utilization and minimizing toxic wastes. As a result, these products are witnessing escalated adoption across the different end-users. Furthermore, shifting living standards and changing consumption habits are further expected to complement the business upsurge.
The COVID-19 situation has obstructed the non-woven fabrics market growth. The pandemic has compelled industry players to halt operations across manufacturing facilities. The global lockdown has further impacted the supply chain, in turn, widening demand-supply mismatch. The operations across different end-use segments such as automotive, building & construction, filtration, automotive, and consumer products are further stalled, in turn, minimizing product demand. Although, the product application in medical and hygiene is upholding its demand surge owing to its usage in face masks, PPE gears, and medical materials. Furthermore, its escalated demand from the hygiene, and personal care sector, along with different industries focusing to resume operations briskly along with emphasis toward speedy economic recovery will escalate the business growth in the post-COVID era. The report will comprise the impact of COVID-19 situation over the industry.
Key segments across Non-Woven Fabrics market
- Polymer Type Overview, 2018 – 2028 (USD Million and kilotons)
- Wood Pulp
- Function Overview, 2018 – 2028 (USD Million and kilotons)
- Technology Overview, 2018 – 2028 (USD Million and kilotons)
- Application Overview, 2018 – 2028 (USD Million and kilotons)
- Building & Construction
- Consumer Products
- Regional Overview, 2018 – 2028 (USD Million and kilotons)
• North America
o Rest of Europe
• Asia Pacific
o Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Middle East & Africa
o Saudi Arabia
o South Africa
o Rest of Middle East & Africa
• South America
o Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Non-Woven Fabrics industry. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Be prepared for how Non-Woven Fabrics industry investments will be impacted by socio-political and economic factors over the next few years.
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations by existing key players boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global Non-Woven Fabrics includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the industry and their strategic initiatives for the form development.
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of polymer type, function, technology, and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Non-Woven Fabrics. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in manufacturing and distributing components or solutions.
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to the global Non-Woven Fabrics industry.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for T&D investment trends in global Non-Woven Fabrics industry.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Non-wovens are porous, flexible, products comprising one or multiple fiber layers. Growing demand for different hygiene products including masks, sanitary napkins, and baby & adult incontinence products, is fuelling the nonwoven fabrics demand. The accelerated demand for mask and PPE gear owing to the COVID-19 impact is further contributing to the demand. Furthermore, its characteristics such as improved stretchability and enhanced flame resisting capabilities offered by the product are augmenting product adoption. Although, price volatility in the raw material is analyzed to pose a hindrance to the industry growth. Although, focus toward indigenization and minimizing trade spats, and establishing a resilient supply chain is expected to stimulate growth in the coming years.
Polymer Type Segment
In terms of type, the market is bifurcated into PP, PET, PE, rayon, wood pulp, and others. The PP segment is estimated to hold a major market share over the forecast period. The market growth of this segment is ascribed to its improved characteristics such as chemical resistance, diverse surface capabilities, and good tenacity, among others.
Based on the function, the market is segmented into disposable, and durable. The disposable segment is anticipated to witness a significant growth rate during the forecast years. The market growth of this segment is mainly attributed to the rising application in wipes for personal, homecare, and industrial wipes. The rising penetration of wipes across emerging markets is contributing to the upsurge.
The non-woven fabrics market on the basis of technology is divided into spunbond, wetlaid, drylaid, airlaid, and others. The spunlaid segment is anticipated to hold a large over the forecasted timeframe owing to its diversified applications such as wipes, hygiene products, construction, filtration, coating substrates, and battery separators.
In terms of type, the market is bifurcated into hygiene, building & construction, medical, consumer products, filtration, automotive, and others. The rising demand for hygiene products on account of rising awareness for healthcare among consumers along with focus toward improved lifestyle is complementing the segment growth.
In terms of geography, the global Non-Woven Fabrics are segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa. The Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global Non-Woven Fabrics market. The surge in domestic consumption owing to the rising population index coupled with growing per capita income is stimulating the market demand in the region. Furthermore, the region comprises of multiple emerging countries such as China, India, Vietnam, South Korea, and Thailand is contributing to the industry growth.
The leading players operating across the global Non-Woven Fabrics market include Berry Global Inc., Ahlstrom-Munksjo, DuPont, Glatfelter Company, Fitesa, and Lydall Inc., among others. The market for Non-Woven Fabrics is consolidated with established global players and is further witnessing the emergence of new industry players. Moreover, the industry players are targeting toward enhancing their market share through the implementation of merger & acquisition, collaboration growth strategies.