The global nanomembrane market was valued at USD 359 million in 2017. Nanomembrane are the filters that reject particles whose size is about 1 nanometer and hence they are also referred to as nanofiltration. The typical application of nanomembrane includes reduction of total dissolved solids (TDS), removal of total organic compounds (TOC) and separation of organic from inorganic matters in liquids and gasses. Thus, nanomembranes are now being widely used in obtaining clean water and for wastewater treatment by varied industries, is driving the growth of the global nanomembrane market. This coupled with the use of nanofiltration for separation of amino acids and lipids in healthcare & pharma sector will further boost the market growth of global nanomembrane market.
In 2017, polymers were the largest market valued at USD 255 million in the global nanomembrane market. Spiral, tubular and hollow fiber membrane are the types of polymer nanomembrane. The use of different types of polymer nanomembrane depends upon the application. Spiral polymers are deployed in high volume application as they are cost effective plus offer a good amount of membrane area per element with compact size. Tubular are highly resistant to plugging are used in filtration of fibrous compounds while hollow fiber membrane are used in filtration of low solids and liquid streams. Polymer-based nanomembranes offer various pore sizes thus can be used for the varied application have surged in demand driving the growth of the global nanomembrane market. Polymers were followed by metal-based nanomembranes as they are used for harsh filtration and demanding application owing to rough design and rugged structure in 2017 in the global nanomembrane market.
In 2017 the water treatment industry had the largest share of 70% in the global nanomembrane market. Water treatment includes desalination, water softening and wastewater treatment which can be implemented in various industries. Nanomembrane based water treatments grew as they gained rapid acceptance as the most effective and sustainable treatments methods available owing to its versatile applications in commercial filtration systems.
Pore size is an important parameter in desalination and softening of water as smaller the size greater is the applied pressure, as the water passes through the membranes. Thus, polymer-based nanomembranes are being deployed in desalination driving the growth of the global nanomembrane market.
Europe was valued at USD 84 million in 2017 in the global nanomembrane market. The region grew as it has seen the early developments in the technology as large water reclamation processes are based on this product. The European market which aims to mitigate the water scarcity and drought situation has further fueled the growth of nanomembrane based filtrations treatments in the global nanomembrane market. The European market is dominated by large-scale companies which have control over the entire supply chain. They are the producers as well the users of the products and services. This has led to the consolidation of the nanomembrane market in Europe and the market is projected to get mature by the end of 2025.
Industrialization and the increasing population from Asia Pacific region are demanding better water treatment technology such as nanomembrane based, are expected to drive the growth of the global nanomembrane market.
The global nanomembrane market includes players such as Koch Membrane Systems, Inc., GEA Filtration, Pall Corporation, Applied Membranes Inc., Nitto Denko Corporation, Dow Chemical Company, Argonide Advanced Water Filtration Systems, Evoqua Water Technologies, Alfa Laval and others. Players in the market are investing heavily in the R&D for the nanomembrane and are thus coming up with the latest technology to capture the growing market. For instance, in 2017, Koch Membrane Systems, Inc. a player in global nanomembrane market launched nanofiltration based system for caustic recovery named Caustic-COR System. The system is projected to be cost-effective and environmentally friendly and is capable of recovering 95% of caustic solutions.
Nanomembrane Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 941 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of over 12.9% during 2015-2025|
|Segment Covered||Product,Industry, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Alfa Laval, Argonide Advanced Water Filtration Systems, Evoqua Water Technologies, Koch Membrane Systems, Inc., Dow Chemical Company, GEA Filtration, Applied Membranes Inc., Pall Corporation and Nitto Denko Corporation.|
Segment overview of global nanomembrane market
Product Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
Industry Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
- Water Treatment
- Chemical manufacturers
- Mining, Oil & Gas
- Pharmaceutical & Biomedical
- Food & beverages
- Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
The report has company profiles of major players in the market
- Koch Membrane Systems, Inc.
- GEA Filtration
- Pall Corporation
- Applied Membranes Inc.
- Nitto Denko Corporation
- Dow Chemical Company
- Argonide Advanced Water Filtration Systems
- Evoqua Water Technologies
- Alfa Laval
Reasons for the study
- To understand the opportunities of nanomembrane in water treatment and desalination market
- To understand the market reach of nanomembrane industry
- We wanted to understand the wider application and future growth opportunities of nanomembrane market
- We desired to recognize the developments in latest nanomembrane filters that are used in dairy and pharma & bio medical industry
- We have been tracking the membrane market since 2012 and wanted to understand the growth and penetration of nanomembrane
- To study the development of latest nanomembrane product and services by understanding the product portfolio of key players in the market
- To understand the impactful developments of key players in the market, their strategic initiatives and comprehensively study their core competencies
- The study the growth of the Asia Pacific region and to understand the market trends in potential regions like Latin America and MEA
- To evaluate drought affected regions where nanomembranes are projected to deploy along with reverse osmosis
- To understand the positive impact of rising demand of water desalination projects on nanomembrane
- To estimate the demand for nanomembrane owing to rise in industrialization
- Understanding the restraints or any threats from substitutes during the forecast period.Anchor
What does the report include?
- Analysis of significant parameters such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities have been discussed in detail that are forecast to impact the market.
- Company profiles of the key players in the market which helped us understand their strategies, key initiatives, market offerings and financial performance.
- Analysis of strategic framework and market dynamics
- Porter’s Five Forces analysis
- Forecast till 2025 by type, application and region
- Country level trends, rules & regulations of government bodies and industry association
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry members and stakeholders in the desalination, water treatment, membranes industry who want an in-depth analysis and insight of the market. The report will benefit:
- Membrane manufacturers across the globe
- Nanomembrane manufacturers
- Industry associations
- Players in food, pharma industry wanting to implement nanomembrane technology
- Industries and players wanting to understand the varied application of nanomembrane.
- New entrants in the nanomembrane market wanting to understand the market dynamics
- Analysts, educationalists, strategy managers, researchers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies and to forecast the market.
- Government, associations, forums and other institutions who want to understand market
- Third party consulting firms