The global Microcatheters market was valued at USD 1,656.2 million in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% over the forecast period. The market growth is attributed to rising number of people suffering from numerous diseases such as CVDs, neurovascular disorders, and cancer.
The global microcatheters market is categorized based on Type, Design, Application, End-User. Region wise, North America was the largest market in 2019; however, Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region by 2025, with a CAGR of 4.6%.
Key players serving the global Microcatheters market include Medtronic, Stryker, BD, Boston Scientific Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Teleflex Incorporated, Terumo Medical Corporation, Penumbra, Inc., AngioDynamics, Koninklijke Philips N.V. among other prominent players.
Key segments of the global Microcatheters market
Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
Design Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Peripheral Vascular
End-User Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Hospitals Surgical Centers
- Ambulatory Care Centers
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of Central and South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Microcatheters industry
- The overall segmentation of Microcatheters market, especially key segments are thoroughly studied.
- Presence of major players and their wide product portfolio across developed countries is anticipated to further boost the growth of Microcatheters market
What does the report include?
- The study on the global Microcatheters market includes analysis of qualitative market indicators such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market competition has been evaluated using the Porter’s five forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of applications, product, technology and end user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the considered segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global Microcatheters market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, Microcatheters providers, medical device manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and retailers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global Microcatheters market
Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global Microcatheters market
The major factors expected to drive the demand are increased chronic diseases such as coronary diseases, neurovascular disorders and cancer, as well as increasing acceptance of minimally invasive procedures. Additionally, the introduction of technologically advanced goods and different government measures are leading to market development. Microcatheters are thin, hollow tubes used in various interventional procedures that are inserted into the blood vessels. These are designed to include multiple blood vessel control instruments and are used in several diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
Arterial microcatheter, vaginal microcatheter, neurovascular microcatheter, and peripheral microcatheter are among the most widely used microcatheters. Microcatheters help penetrate the most complex venous network. Therefore, the increasing acceptance of minimally invasive procedures, combined with increasing technological advancements, is expected to fuel market growth in the forecast period. Because of the acceptance of an unhealthy lifestyle, the growing prevalence of chronic disorders propels market development.
The global microcatheters market has been segmented based on type, design, application, and end-user. On the basis of end-users, the global microcatheters market is bifurcated into hospitals, surgical centers, & specialty clinics, and ambulatory care centers. In the year 2019, the hospitals surgical centers held the largest market share owing to rising number of hospitals across the globe and rising prevalence of chronic diseases among the global population.
Based on regions, the global microcatheters market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa. In the year 2019, North America accounted for 33.6% market share globally and is expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period owing to presence of established healthcare facilities coupled with rising healthcare awareness, and supportive government initiatives. However, Asia Pacific microcatheters market is projected to witness highest growth rate from 2020 to 2028 owing to rising geriatric population suffering from numerous chronic disorders. Additionally, growing demand from emerging economies is projected to offer lucrative growth opportunities for the market players operating in the global microcatheters market.