Malware analysis is the method of defining how malware functions, what its sources are, and how it could impact on the business or any other processes. The analysis usually involves malware samples such as a Trojan horse, virus, rootkit, worm, and others. The malware codes can differ drastically hence knowing its functionalities has become very crucial. Moreover, there are four stages of malware analysis that include, static properties analysis, manual code reversing, fully automated analysis, and interactive behavior analysis.
The global malware analysis market size is anticipated to reach over USD 16 billion by 2025. This can be attributed to increasing complexities of malware attacks are driving the market growth. Also, the rising government regulations are boosting the global malware analysis market growth.
However, the budget constraints for small & medium enterprises are expected to hamper the market growth. Furthermore, the increasing need for agile transformation among numerous enterprises is expected to provide growth opportunities for the market in the forthcoming years. Also, the integration of automation tools to prevent malware attacks is anticipated to be opportunistic for the market.
Key Segments of the Global Malware Analysis Market
Solutions Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Dynamic Analysis
- Static Analysis
Services Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Managed Services
- Professional Services
Industry Vertical Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- IT & Telecom
- Government & Defense
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global malware analysis market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global malware analysis market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the malware analysis industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on solutions, services, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global malware analysis market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the malware analysis market.
- Managers within the malware analysis industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global malware analysis market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global malware analysis market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Malware is a parent term for numerous types of malicious packages specially created by cybercriminals to take over or malfunction other devices or systems. The increasing numbers of online users are falling victims for malicious activities & cyber-attacks hence generating the demand for malware analysis in organizations. Moreover, the growing trend of BYOD across a large number of organizations is also driving the demand for malware analysis as such devices are easy and weakest targets for cybercriminals.
Based on the solutions segment, the market is divided into dynamic analysis and static analysis. In the year 2019, the static analysis segment accounted for the highest market revenue and it is anticipated to hold the major market share throughout the forecast period. On the contrary, the dynamic analysis segment accumulated the highest growth and it is expected to keep its position during the forecast period.
Based on the services, the market is segmented into managed services and professional services. The professional services segment leads the market growth in 2019 and it is expected to maintain its position throughout the forecast years. The growth of this segment is mainly attributed to the growing competition among market players to provide better services to their customers. On the contrary, the managed services segment accounted for the highest growth and it is expected to maintain its position over the forecast period.
Industry Vertical Segment
In terms of industry vertical, the market is segmented into IT & telecom, healthcare, BFSI, retail, government & defense, and others. The BFSI industry captured the major market share in 2019 and it is expected to do so throughout the forecast period. The growth of this segment is mainly attributed to the growing adoption of malware analysis on the ground of rising malware and cyber-attacks.
The Asia-Pacific region is projected to experience the highest growth throughout the forecast period. However, the North American region dominated the overall market in 2019 and it is expected to keep its position throughout the forecast period 2018-2025. The dominance of this region is mainly attributed to the rising number of cyber-attacks in this region.
The major players of the global malware analysis market are McAfee, FireEye, Palo Alto Networks, Kaspersky, Qualys, Trend Micro, Symantec, Juniper Networks, Cisco Systems, and Fortinet. Moreover, the other prospective players in the malware analysis market are Sophos Group, Crowdstrike, Cylance, Forcepoint, and Check Point Software Technologies. The recognized companies are coming up with innovative and new Malware Analysis applications. For instance, in October 2019, FireEye announced a partnership with Accellion, a secure content communication platform provider. With this partnership, both companies will help organizations in protecting their IP, PII, and PHI from cyber-attacks by integrating FireEye Malware Analysis and other solutions with Accellions’ content communication platform.