The Global Liposomes Drug Delivery Market Size is estimated at USD XXX million in 2017 and is predicted to grow USD XX million, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period of 2018 and 2025.
A Liposome is a small sphere shaped artificial vesicle that is synthesized from cholesterol and phospholipids. It is a carrier that has a diameter range of 0.01 to 5.0 um, and have multiple layers. It also has hydrophilic and hydrophobic properties which gives liposomes can encapsulate hydrophobic and hydrophilic drugs to be delivered to targeted body site. Liposome is an assured system for targeted drug delivery and this is the factor influencing the Liposome Drug Delivery market size growth. Liposomes is widely used for encapsulating all types of drug molecules like acyclovir, chloroquine diphosphate, paclitaxel, tropicamaide, and cyclosporine.
Liposomes is used as a drug carrier for drug therapy for many diseases as they are biodegradable and biocompatible. Also it has many therapeutic properties like anticancer drugs, genetic materials, proteins, vaccines, macromolecules and so on can be encapsulated in liposomes.
The Liposome Drug Delivery market size is growing owing to the increased industry usage in manufacturing process. The Liposome Drug Delivery for Cancer is another segment that is positively impacting the market growth and is slowly becoming popular owing to the increased number of cancer patients and occurrence of the fatal diseases among all. With the help of Liposome Drug Delivery for Cancer system exploiting a feature of tumor micro physiology, have been created. This has helped in increasing the therapeutic index of the anticancer agents. The effect is due to increasing the drug application in the cells of tumor or by reducing the exposure in normal host tissues. The Liposome Drug Delivery for Cancer is widely used in treatments for breast cancer, which was earlier a challenging task.
The segmentation of Global Liposomes Drug Delivery Market Size is built on its method of preparation and structural properties. On the basis of structure, it is divided as oligolamellar vesicles (OLV), multilamellar large vesicles (MLV), small unilamellar vesicles (SUV), unilamellar vesicles (UV), giant unilamellar vesicles (GUV), medium-sized unilamellar vesicles (MUV), multivesicular vesicles (MVV)large and unilamellar vesicles (LUV).
Segmentation on the basis of production method can be done as for single or oligolamellar vesicles (VET) the process of reverse phase evaporation, vesicles prepared by extrusion method (VET), (FATMLV) frozen and thawed, multilamellar vesicles (MLV) stable plurilamellar vesicles, vesicles prepared by fusion (FUV), dehydration/rehydration vesicles (DRV), vesicles prepared by french press (FPV), and others
Segmentation of the Global Liposome Drug Delivery Market Size is done as hydrophobic and hydrochloric. Drugs that can dissolve in water are contained within the aqueous compartments and the hydrophobic drugs are contained in the lipid layers. The drug can be released from liposome formulations and also can be modified by the presence of polyethylene glycol along with other additives like cholesterol in liposome.
Primary applications of Global Liposomes Drug Delivery industry include Pulmonary Applications, Cancer Therapy and Ocular Applications. Different product categories listed in Liposomes Drug Delivery market report are Highly interactive cationic liposomes and Non-interactive sterically stabilized (long- circulating) liposomes(LCL).
Major leaders of the world Liposomes Drug Delivery market are S.p.A., Gilead Sciences, Novartis, Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Enzon, Teva Pharmaceutical, Pacira, Novavax, Chiesi Farmaceutici, Crucell N.V. and Janssen Biotech.
The various segments of Liposomes Drug Delivery market are
- Oligolamellar vesicles (OLV)
- Multilamellar large vesicles (MLV)
- Small unilamellar vesicles (SUV)
- Unilamellar vesicles (UV)
- Giant unilamellar vesicles (GUV)
- Medium-sized unilamellar vesicles (MUV)
- Multivesicular vesicles (MVV)
- Large and unilamellar vesicles (LUV).
By Production Method
- Single or oligolamellar vesicles (VET)
- Vesicles prepared by extrusion method (VET)
- (FATMLV) frozen and thawed,
- Multilamellar vesicles (MLV) stable plurilamellar vesicles,
- Vesicles prepared by fusion (FUV)
- Dehydration/rehydration vesicles (DRV)
- Vesicles prepared by french press (FPV)
- Pulmonary Applications,
- Cancer Therapy
What to expect from the upcoming report on ‘Liposomes Drug Delivery market’:
- Future prospects and current trends of the Liposomes Drug Delivery market by the end of forecast period. (2017 – 2025).
- Information regarding technological progressions as well as innovations across the world
- Supportive initiatives by government likely to influence the market dynamics.
- In-depth analysis of different market segmentations including regional segmentations, applications and types.
- Deep analysis about the competitive landscape of the market and the initiatives by them to improve this market.
- Trends, drivers, opportunities, restraints, challenges and key developments in the market
Who should buy this report?
Venture capitalists, Investors, financial institutions, Analysts, Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers ,researchers, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.