A report on “Global Limestone Market Trends 2017 and Forecast, 2018 - 2025”, published recently by Adroit Market Research includes an in-depth industry segmentation by product type and end-user. The limestone market analysis study provides market sizing in terms of volume (Kilo Tons) and revenue (USD Million) both at the global and regional levels. PESTEL, industry value chain and Porter’s Five Forces are the key models used for the global limestone market analysis. Raw material trends, product imports and expors, driving and restraining factors and upcoming industry opportunities have been taken into account for evaluation of limestone market prices.
The global limestone market value crossed USD 5.70 billion in 2017 and is expected to rise at a CAGR of 6.2% from 2018 to 2025. Rise in the consumption of limestone end-products such as building materials, paper & pulp and chemicals are expected to bolster the limestone market value worldwide over the forecast period.
U.S. Limestone Market Revenue, 2017 - 2025 (USD Million)
U.S. has been the leading market of limestone in North America. The U.S. limestone market value reached USD 269.0 million approximately, in 2017. Self-sufficient production of limestone with low reliance on imports from Asian countries are some of the notable limestone market trends in the U.S.
High-calcium and magnesian are the two major product grades of limestone classified on the basis of their source of origin. The magnesian grade is obtained by the extraction of dolomite whereas the high-calcium grade limestone is found in calcium carbonate rocks. The high-calcium grade has a rich calcium content and can be used for processing of paints, paper and agricultural products. Magnesian limestone is relatively softer in nature which makes it suitable for use in the construction of architectural buildings.
Limestone has numerous industrial applications that include cement manufacturing, bleaching of pulp, slag reforming and production of agricultural lime. Building & construction, paper & pulp, iron and steel processing, chemical manufacturing and agriculture are the major end-user industries that have provided favorable limestone market trends. In some cases, direct application of the product has been experienced such as paint industry, gardening and horticulture.
Global limestone market share, by application, 2017 (%)
The iron and steel industry is one of the largest consumers of the limestone that captured more than 20% of the total limestone market value. Limestone is used as a slag former and as a refractory material required during processing of iron from iron ore. Furthermore, lime plays an important role during hot metal desulfurization and secondary steel processing. The agricultural industry is expected to capture an increased global limestone market share by 2025, owing to significant utilization of agricultural lime for soil quality enhancement applications.
Infrastructure development in some of the developing countries such as India, Thailand, and South Africa are expected to positively impact the limestone market trends over the forecast period. More than two-third of the global limestone market share is expected to be captured by Asia Pacific by the end of 2025, owing to rapidly rising commercial construction activities in China, India, and Southeast Asia. Europe and North America is expected to portray stable limestone market trends over the years ahead. Furthermore, Central and South America is likely to witness emerging market growth, owing to the presence of strong pulp & paper and steel industries. Good lime and limestone production in Brazil is another important aspect favoring the emerging market growth in this region.
The global limestone market shares are captured by well-established players such as Lhoist, Minerals Technologies, Mississippi Lime, Graymont, LafargeHolcim Ltd. and Carmeuse. These players have fully integrated business operations across the value chain. For instance, LafargeHolcim Ltd, is one of the largest limestone manufacturing companies which is not only engaged in limestone ore mining and extraction but also manufactures limestone end–user products such as building materials.
Limestone Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 9.0 billion|
|Segment Covered||Product, End-user, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Graymont, Mississippi Lime, Minerals Technologies, LafargeHolcim Ltd., Lhoist and Carmeuse|
Key segments of the global limestone market study
Product Overview, 2015-2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
- High-calcium limestone
- Magnesian limestone
End-user Overview, 2015-2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
- Iron and Steel
- Paper & Pulp
- Building & Construction
Regional Overview, 2013-2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give a comprehensive outlook of the global limestone market.
- Emerging market of limestone in the Central and South America have been mainly driven by the increased consumption in paper & pulp and other industrial sectors
- While conducting research on regional and country level, we noticed that the use of the product in multiple applications especially for production of building materials and agricultural materials has been significant
- Variation of government regulations for the mining sectors at the regional and country levels
What does the report include?
- The study on the global limestone market includes qualitative analysis factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The limestone market has been analyzed using value chain, PESTLE and Porter’s Five Forces’ analysis models
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of product type, end-user and region. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key countries within each geography.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts from 2015 to 2025, have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes detailed profiles of key players operating within the global market value chain along with a separate section focusing on market competition and strategic developments of each company profile
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the mining industry, who want an in-depth insight into the movement of the limestone and other mineral sectors. The report will benefit:
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to numerous terminologies related to the product.
- Key limestone manufacturing firms for deciding future market strategies based on the product demand scenario in each geography
- Venture capitalists looking into investing capital.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for innovative solutions for production, supply and logistics of limestone end-products
- Analysts, researchers, educators, and academic institutions looking for insights into the current and future scenario of the global minerals industry