The global laparoscopic devices market was valued at US$10.54 billion in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period from 2019 – 2025. Growing preference for minimally invasive surgeries, technological advancements and increasing healthcare awareness are some of the prominent factors supporting the growth of the global laparoscopic devices market. In addition, increasing number of obese and geriatric population coupled with rising preference for less hospital stay are the other factors that drive the market.
Laparoscopic devices are used to diagnose and treat abdominal and pelvic organs through minimal incision. Increased awareness amongst patients about minimally invasive surgery increases demand for the same as it is safe, feasible, and patient-friendly. The aging population is well informed about healthcare developments, and this has increased the demand for minimally invasive procedures across the globe. Urbanization and changing lifestyles have led to increase in diseases such as cardiovascular disorders, arthritis, chronic diseases pertaining to joints, obesity, and back pain. Changing lifestyles have triggered unhealthy eating habits, which have resulted in an increase in the overall obesity rate.
Geographically, North America dominated the global laparoscopic devices market and is expected to retain its dominance during the forecast period. The dominance of the regional market was majorly due to increasing need for healthcare among the geriatric population, technological advancements and increasing application areas for minimally invasive surgeries support the growth of laparoscopic devices market in North America. Majority of the key players are focusing on Asia-Pacific market as there is rising demand in the region coupled with huge untapped population and growing medical tourism in the region. Thus, owing to the mentioned factors Asia-Pacific laparoscopic devices market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the study period.
B. Braun Aesculap, Karl Storz, Medtronic plc, Olympus Corporation, Richard Wolf, Ethicon, Inc., Stryker Corporation, Cook Medical Inc., Smith & Nephew, ConMed Corporation and others are some of the key players operating in the global laparoscopic devices market.
Global Laparoscopic Devices Market
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 10.54 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 7.3% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Device Type, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific,South America, Middle-East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||geriatric population, technological advancements and increasing application areas for minimally invasive surgeries support the growth of laparoscopic devices market in North America.|
Key segments of the global laparoscopic devices market
Device Type Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
- Energy Devices
- Insufflator Devices
- Robot-Assisted Surgery Devices
- Suction Devices
- Closure Devices
- Hand Instruments
- Access Devices
Application Type Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
- General Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Gynecological Surgery
- Urological Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America, Middle-East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the World
Reasons for the study
• The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global laparoscopic devices industry.
• We have been following the overall segmentation of laparoscopic devices market. The increasing obese population and growing preference for minimally invasive surgeries is expected to drive the market.
• Rising healthcare awareness and technological advancements are also the prominent factors supporting the growth of the global laparoscopic devices market.
What does the report include?
• The study on the global laparoscopic devices market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
• Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the value chain and Porter’s Five Forces’ analysis
• The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of devices, application and region. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
• Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
• The study includes profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the laparoscopic devices Industry. The report will benefit:
• Executives of laparoscopic devices companies that are engaged in the distribution and marketing
• Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to laparoscopic devices
• Venture capitalist looking into investing capital
• Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for innovative solutions.
• Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies