Glycolic acid is a member of the AHA (alpha hydroxyl acids) class of active compounds, which are mainly present in vegetables and fruits such as sugarcane, pineapple, and unripe grapes. Glycolic acid contains the smallest molecules in the group, allowing it to enter the human skin rapidly and efficiently. As a result, it's widely used in topical formulations and has a high degree of effectiveness in skin care. The glycolic acid market is experiencing tremendous growth as a result of the increased consumption of personal care goods. Glycolic acid is also used in the manufacture of poly glycolic acid (PGA) and in surgical and medical absorbable sutures.
The base year considered for the analysis is 2019 and from 2020 to 2028 the market size is estimated. The growing use of glycolic acid as an ingredient in personal care and beauty products, owing to its excellent penetrability into the skin, is driving the global market. It's most widely used for fine lines, wrinkles, blackheads, dullness, and oiliness, among other things. It's also used to treat psoriasis, melasma, and seborrheic keratosis, among other skin disorders.
The aim of the report is to estimate the size of the market for Glycolic Acid and the future growth potential of the market for Glycolic Acid across various segments, such as Source, Purity, Grade, Application and Region.
The personal care and cosmetics application segment led the global glycolic acid market in terms of value. Fine hair, dead skin, and wrinkles are all handled with glycolic acid. It even helps to keep the skin looking fresh. Glycolic acid is commonly used in skin care and hair care formulations as an exfoliating and moisturizing agent. Shampoos, conditioners, and detanglers, as well as hair and scalp masks, all contain glycolic acid. Exfoliation cosmetics, skin peeling products, creams, serums, lotions, cleansers and toners, moisturizing skin creams and lotions, skin-lightening blends, and men's grooming products all contain glycolic acid.
During the forecast period, APAC is projected to be the largest glycolic acid industry. The main markets for glycolic acid in the APAC region are China, India, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, and Indonesia, with China being the main. The emergence of a large glycolic acid supply base, as well as huge customer spending on beauty and cosmetic products, is expected to move the glycolic acid market ahead.
Key Segments of the Global Glycolic Acid Market
1.1.1 Source Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
1.1.2 Purity Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- 70% Purity
- 99% Purity
- 30% Purity
- 60% Purity
1.1.3 Grade Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Cosmetic Grade
- Industrial Grade
- Technical Grade
1.1.4 Application Form Overview 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Skin Care & Facial Rejuvenation
- Household Cleaners
- Industrial Cleaners
- Oil Field and Petroleum Refining
- Textile Dyeing & Finishing
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Important Companies in Global Glycolic Acid market
- The Chemours Company
- China Petrochemical Corporation
- CABB Group
- Zhonglan Industry Co., Ltd.
- Water Chemical Co., Ltd
- Xinhua Pharm
- Phibro Animal Health Corporation
- Avid Organics
- Hebei Chengxin Co., Ltd.
- Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of Glycolic Acid Market Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on Glycolic Acid Market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the field service management industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on source, grade, purity, and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Glycolic Acid Market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the Glycolic Acid Market.
- Managers within the Glycolic Acid industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about Glycolic Acid Market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global Glycolic Acid Market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.